GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PC Gamers?

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
Anyone have some recommendations for a good CHAT headset? I don't want or need a gaming headset, I don't care for them and I have a 5.1 speaker system. I just want a headset to handle chat capabilities.

Or does anyone know where to find a 2.5mm to dual 3.5mm jack converter? That way I can take my Xbox 360 headset (single 2.5mm jack) and plug it into the headset/mic 3.5mm jacks in the computer.

I would prefer a headset that doesn't cover and "seal" off the ears since I have actual 5.1 speakers I'd like to hear at the same time.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have some recommendations for a good CHAT headset? I don't want or need a gaming headset, I don't care for them and I have a 5.1 speaker system. I just want a headset to handle chat capabilities.

Or does anyone know where to find a 2.5mm to dual 3.5mm jack converter? That way I can take my Xbox 360 headset (single 2.5mm jack) and plug it into the headset/mic 3.5mm jacks in the computer.

I would prefer a headset that doesn't cover and "seal" off the ears since I have actual 5.1 speakers I'd like to hear at the same time.

Ah you're gonna be "that guy" that uses a mic with speakers instead of a headset and annoys everyone with feedback :p

Just go to wal mart and buy a cheap headset and sling it around your neck and just point the mic up to you. That's what I always did when I was using speakers but wanted a mic as well.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
I just use my xbox headset plugged into the xbox controller then plugged into usb, whether I'm using the controller or not. Can route my chat program to use that audio while still using my speaker setup for game sound. And my monitor mic actually picks up my speech better than the xbox mic so I use that for an extra weird hybrid setup.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
Ah you're gonna be "that guy" that uses a mic with speakers instead of a headset and annoys everyone with feedback :p

Just go to wal mart and buy a cheap headset and sling it around your neck and just point the mic up to you. That's what I always did when I was using speakers but wanted a mic as well.

Not intentionally. I bought a nice headset that could do 7.1 simulated surround and I didn't like it. Heavy, bulky, and the fake surround sound REALLY annoyed me. And I'm hoping that with a better quality chat headset, feedback could be reduced. I mean, I've never gotten any feedback from playing on my TV's 5.1 using the Xbox headset.

I just use my xbox headset plugged into the xbox controller then plugged into usb, whether I'm using the controller or not. Can route my chat program to use that audio while still using my speaker setup for game sound.

It doesn't think you're using the controller for actual controls and force you to use it? Does that work for Skype?

take a look on monoprice.com they have pretty much anything you may want/need.

I've searched monoprice, their entire audio connections section. Didn't see anything that would have worked. All the 2.5mm > 3.5mm adapters had notes in the description that the adapter would not support chat function for both sound and mic. Unless I overlooked something.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Whether to use the controller or not is usually just a setting in the game's options(I know you're not used to having such things in the console world ;) ) The PC recognizes the audio/mic on the connected separate from the controller itself.

I don't use Skype, but I'm sure it lets you select input/output like others.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
After playing some PC games for the past 2 weeks or so, I tried to play some Blops2 Zombies with some friends a few days ago. I had already lost the coordination I used to have for using a handheld controller. Took me a few rounds to start to get used to it again and I had to crank up the sensitivity to nearly double what it was.:eek: I couldn't believe it, lifelong console gaming and 2 weeks of PC throws me off my game.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
If you guys play Bops2 zombies on PC let me know -- I've never played it on Bops2 or that religously on Bops1 but I'm a pretty good shooter so I can pick it up quick, been looking for some cool peeps to play with that won't scream out OMG YOU BOUGHT THAT GUN ALREADY? F'ING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
I've been slowly expanding my PC game library to try to include some multiplayer games, but I haven't found an awesome deal on Blops 2 yet. The campaign kinda sucked, and I didn't like the mulitplayer aspect either, so I find it hard to justify spending $60 JUST for Zombies.

And I don't have ANY friends that play games on PC. My bro-in-law is the only person on my Steam friends list, and he only plays Borderlands 2, rarely.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
Monoprice can be hit or miss, It was just the first place that popped into my head. I have problems ordering from them, I'll think of things that i "need" when in reality i never use.

Anyone in here been playing counter-strike go?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Monoprice can be hit or miss, It was just the first place that popped into my head. I have problems ordering from them, I'll think of things that i "need" when in reality i never use.

Anyone in here been playing counter-strike go?

I have!

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I'm not even playing DotA2 right now. I've got this 3570k quadcore with 16gb of RAM and a 560Ti just gathering dust in a brand new case while I assemble Warhammer armies.

Last edited:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Well to be fair I'm also gymin' it, running, biking, and trying to read more so that leaves less hours for frivolity.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Bought my blade in october and I've been slowly trailing off on playing games since I beat HotS campaign...I feel bad cause that thing was expeeeeeeeeeeeeeensive...Just waiting for a couple of games to come out so I can finally get back into the swing of thigns!