GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

pass emissions without a catalytic converter?

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
That's bullshit, I've passed with flying colors and have not had a cat on my car for over 5 years. They check for codes and readiness, you pass that have a nice day!

I haven't lived in NJ in a long time but when I did (first 23 years of life) I'm 100% certain the state inspection station we went to put a sniffer in the tailpipe and took actual readings. Came to VA they don't do shit lol (check brakes, headlight film etc) and there is always somebody who can get you an inspection sticker for a few extra $$ ($50-100 opposed to the $18 inspection typically cost)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

mtlove91

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 UG GTI
In was told a pzev vehicle without a cat will still pass. I live in California of all states. (For those of us who have a pzev)

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I haven't lived in NJ in a long time but when I did (first 23 years of life) I'm 100% certain the state inspection station we went to put a sniffer in the tailpipe and took actual readings. Came to VA they don't do shit lol (check brakes, headlight film etc) and there is always somebody who can get you an inspection sticker for a few extra $$ ($50-100 opposed to the $18 inspection typically cost)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

They used to years ago, especially with OBD1 cars. I take my car every year and laugh hysterically as I receive my annual sticker