GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking Garage Rant

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Alright, so I work in an office that has an indoor multi level parking deck. The corners are tight, lot of blind spots, pedestrians, etc. My gripe is all the douche lords who gun it thinking they're in an indoor kart track, and inevitably stray onto the opposite lane especially during the turns. It's flat out stupid and dangerous. Many times I had to swerve or brake to avoid someone hitting me head on. On some occassions I had to even reverse, so that the awesome person who drove into my lane could get back on to theirs, because there was another awesome person tailing them as well. I never go above 10 mph, and often times just coast, keeping an eye of for people or cars around the corner. People tail me all the time in there, so sometimes I feel like I'm a crazy person for being so careful. But I'm amazed there aren't burning cars and dead people in there yet. I wish I could gather up everyone who does this, and put them in a port a potty pit along with those people who think turn signals are for poor people. Anyone else experience this? Rant off.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Experienced this everyday when I was in college. I would say about 60-70 percent of parking at UCF several years ago was main via parking garages and the amount of accidents that happened in them was pretty bad. Anything from minor bumps of people either not looking when backing out or paying attention when people would stop, taking blind corners without looking, to almost full on T-bones. Pretty ridiculous...

McQueen77

Banned
Ok OP, agreed, and I'll see your rant and raise you. My parking garage pet peeve is the following: It drives me insane in parking lots when someone, most often in a minivan, giant truck or some other gigantic car that prevents anyone from passing them on the left, makes everyone wait behind them while they wait for someone to back out of their spot. There are probably a million spots up ahead or on another level up, but they want that spot because they are (a) totally self-entitled and don't care that they are creating a line of traffic a mile long behind them while they wait for the stupid spot (b) fat/lazy, slothful or all of the above and can't bare the thought of having to actually walk a few hundred feet into the mall/store etc. or (c) just complete morons. It shows a total lack of consideration for others. Ok, its one thing if the spot opens up ahead, you slow down, wait a few seconds for the person to pull out and take the spot. But its another thing entirely when you slow down making everyone wait behind you in your stupid Honda Odyssey while you lurk and follow people walking to their cars so you can see if you can wait 10 minutes for them to put their crap in the trunk, load the kids in the car and pull out. All while tons of cars pile up behind you, waiting as you cause mass gridlock. Why is it so hard to just keep driving? Park on the roof for crissakes! Theres always a ton of spots up there because of all the morons who just HAVE to have the spot on level 1 closest to the entrance of the mall/store/whatever so they can waddle over to the target, buy a 200 pk of toilet paper and then waddle over to the Red Robin to cram 10 hamburgers sliders into their mouths, that are always open by the way, because they breath exclusively through their mouths.

When someone trails me like that in a parking garage while I am walking to my spot, I won't let them have it. I will have a freaking picnic lunch out of my hatch and listen to the ballgame all godamn day before I let them have teh spot. Why, because they are morons and are breeding out of control, making more morons who in turn can get their licenses, have a bunch of kids to cram into their giant vehicles and in turn, contribute to the mass congestion of parking garages because of their total obliviousness and lack of common courtesy or awareness of anything outside of their needs. Parking garage rant done.

That has to warrant a 'you mad bro' from some other moronic, future Honda Odyssey driving bastard on this forum.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I will say I have been a part of that crowd that you speak of when I lived down in Orlando, but I mainly did it because of college and the limited amount of parking back then. The cluster**** way of organizing parking back then at UCF (and even some times still now) that made it to where you either walked 15-20 minutes to get to class, or the follow people to their parking spots so you are not walking a million miles.

Now a days, I just park my car away from the retards in a parking garage (don't mind the roof because less cars = less chance my car gets door dinged). :laugh:

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
@McQueen77

Yea, don't get me even started in mall parking. At least the parking here is somewhat assigned. I refuse to go to malls unless absolutely necessary. Parking at malls is so stressful for me, I almost exclusively shop online.

McQueen77

Banned
@McQueen77

Yea, don't get me even started in mall parking. At least the parking here is somewhat assigned. I refuse to go to malls unless absolutely necessary. Parking at malls is so stressful for me, I almost exclusively shop online.

Yeah man, its the absolute worst. I've yelled at people before after finally passing them on the left with centimeters to spare, like, "way to hold up miles of traffic so you could get your precious spot! why can't you just keep going instead of holding everyone up?!" and you either get a total blank stare, like they have no concept that anyone could be mad about that, or you get flipped off etc. which is even more ridiculous. So you know, no personal accountability either.

P

plac

you're thinking too deeply on that bro.. you spend your whole life being mad, all of a sudden you realize your a grumpy old man about to die.

Ok OP, agreed, and I'll see your rant and raise you. My parking garage pet peeve is the following: It drives me insane in parking lots when someone, most often in a minivan, giant truck or some other gigantic car that prevents anyone from passing them on the left, makes everyone wait behind them while they wait for someone to back out of their spot. There are probably a million spots up ahead or on another level up, but they want that spot because they are (a) totally self-entitled and don't care that they are creating a line of traffic a mile long behind them while they wait for the stupid spot (b) fat/lazy, slothful or all of the above and can't bare the thought of having to actually walk a few hundred feet into the mall/store etc. or (c) just complete morons. It shows a total lack of consideration for others. Ok, its one thing if the spot opens up ahead, you slow down, wait a few seconds for the person to pull out and take the spot. But its another thing entirely when you slow down making everyone wait behind you in your stupid Honda Odyssey while you lurk and follow people walking to their cars so you can see if you can wait 10 minutes for them to put their crap in the trunk, load the kids in the car and pull out. All while tons of cars pile up behind you, waiting as you cause mass gridlock. Why is it so hard to just keep driving? Park on the roof for crissakes! Theres always a ton of spots up there because of all the morons who just HAVE to have the spot on level 1 closest to the entrance of the mall/store/whatever so they can waddle over to the target, buy a 200 pk of toilet paper and then waddle over to the Red Robin to cram 10 hamburgers sliders into their mouths, that are always open by the way, because they breath exclusively through their mouths.

When someone trails me like that in a parking garage while I am walking to my spot, I won't let them have it. I will have a freaking picnic lunch out of my hatch and listen to the ballgame all godamn day before I let them have teh spot. Why, because they are morons and are breeding out of control, making more morons who in turn can get their licenses, have a bunch of kids to cram into their giant vehicles and in turn, contribute to the mass congestion of parking garages because of their total obliviousness and lack of common courtesy or awareness of anything outside of their needs. Parking garage rant done.

That has to warrant a 'you mad bro' from some other moronic, future Honda Odyssey driving bastard on this forum.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
you're thinking too deeply on that bro.. you spend your whole life being mad, all of a sudden you realize your a grumpy old man about to die.

That's cuz everyone in SF is like ^.^ and everyone here is like /_\ lol.

imatwork

Ready to race!
Yeah man, its the absolute worst. I've yelled at people before after finally passing them on the left with centimeters to spare, like, "way to hold up miles of traffic so you could get your precious spot! why can't you just keep going instead of holding everyone up?!" and you either get a total blank stare, like they have no concept that anyone could be mad about that, or you get flipped off etc. which is even more ridiculous. So you know, no personal accountability either.

You have some anger issues, bro. Granted, i get annoyed when people don't pull to the right to let other cars pass while they wait, but sometimes parking comes at a premium.

DriverFound1

Ready to race!
Lets just face it guys!! People are assholes!! I could go on for hrs ranting how rude people are on the roads in bigger cities and on the interstates! No one these days considers that there are other people on the road with them!! I go out of my way to be polite to other drivers when its crowded and sometimes I feel like I am way to nice to people, saying thanks for allowing me to merge, and stopping short so somone can pull out of a parking lot into traffic....oh well guess people will be people and all they care about is themselves!!