GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painting OEM R32 Brake Calipers

sikx5

Ready to race!
Hi lads,
I was just wondering if anyone has painted their OEM R32 brake calipers?

Reason i ask; my car is BMP, with gunmetal wheels. Looking to break it up a little with a splice of colour.
Here is a pic:

I will be getting carbon mirrors/rear wing/diffuser.

So i was thinking bright yellow for the brake calipers?

Is there a special process to paint the calipers? Ive never done it. Searched through a few sites, but was hoping someone here has done it successfully and kept that colour over time. I have seen some calipers fade and turn white, etc...Don't want that to happen.

How ever the stock R32 calipers are painted, is the way to do it. I've yet to see a faded blue R32 caliper...

Any tips/pics, advice would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Shane.

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
Duh .:R32 Hello?
Sigh, it's a real shame how you put pics and were all nice. You could have saved yourself some time and me being a d-bag about it if you only used the f'n search button...

P.s. I checked there is one that will help, so don't say I couldn't find it or I tried...

P.s. pt.2 Nice lookin car...

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
1. great 32 looks very clean
2. all you really have to do is rough up the caliper with some rough sand paper and spray on or paint with some caliper paint. nothing really technical here

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
Or you could use the search button and stop wasting time...

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
1. great 32 looks very clean
2. all you really have to do is rough up the caliper with some rough sand paper and spray on or paint with some caliper paint. nothing really technical here

+1

And this R32 is definitely going up onto our gallery:thumbup:

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
you said it once you dont need to say it again. Maybe next time you should post a link in to a thread that acually helps. Quit being such a cunt

Yeah you're right I should do all the work for him, thank you internet police...

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I will be getting carbon mirrors/rear wing/diffuser.

So i was thinking bright yellow for the brake calipers?

That would look alright..

I haven't seen any pics up to date either..

you said it once you dont need to say it again. Maybe next time you should post a link in to a thread that acually helps. Quit being such a cunt

+1 he must be sick of annoying mexr32..

Don't post at all would be better.

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
That would look alright..

I haven't seen any pics up to date either..

+1 he must be sick of annoying mexr32..

Don't post at all would be better.

Or you could just stop trying to raise your post count and ignore posts you dont like ! :eyebulge:

Awe isn't this cute, I have all of Australia against me now. Oh well, but wouldn't replying to my posts make you two just as bad as me, just a thought...

sikx5

Ready to race!
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably get a paint shop to give me a quote. But i would like to do it myself, doesn't seem like a hard job at all. Hoping to achieve an OEM quality/look that lasts for awhile as well.

Sigh, it's a real shame how you put pics and were all nice. You could have saved yourself some time and me being a d-bag about it if you only used the f'n search button...

P.s. I checked there is one that will help, so don't say I couldn't find it or I tried...

P.s. pt.2 Nice lookin car...

Is this the thread you're referring to: Painting GTI calipers ?

If you actually read my thread title, it says R32 brake calipers. Not GTI. Also i was looking for some experience from people who have done it on R32 calipers...hence posting in the R32 section.

Also, Thanks, it is a nice looking car. What's yours look like? Stock DBP R32? that's cool. You must be proud.

Yeah you're right I should do all the work for him, thank you internet police...

I guess you're the Internet police then?

The idea of forum's is to help one another and answer questions. No point being a douche bag like yourself.

You must have a low self esteem considering all you do is lash out at members online. That's pretty sad man....You wouldn't have the balls to do it to someone's face. Judging by your other posts, driving around a VW Golf R32 means alot for your ego/self esteem. You must think you're better than all the GTI/Rabbit owners, that's funny, cause you drive a Golf, haha. And what, you upgraded from a Nissan pickup to a "fast" car? hahahaha.

Do us all a favour and crawl back into that little hole you came from. But i do hope things get better for you, life isn't that bad. :lol:

Don't have the time to play keyboard warrior with you. So please get out of this thread and mind your own business. I'll post updated pics once the carbon parts arrive and calipers are painted.

I'll even do a DIY, so i actually contribute to the forums and help users. Instead of being a tool, like yourself.

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
Is this the thread you're referring to: Painting GTI calipers ?

If you actually read my thread title, it says R32 brake calipers. Not GTI. Also i was looking for some experience from people who have done it on R32 calipers...hence posting in the R32 section.

Also, Thanks, it is a nice looking car. What's yours look like? Stock DBP R32? that's cool. You must be proud.

I guess you're the Internet police then?

The idea of forum's is to help one another and answer questions. No point being a douche bag like yourself.

You must have a low self esteem considering all you do is lash out at members online. That's pretty sad man....You wouldn't have the balls to do it to someone's face. Judging by your other posts, driving around a VW Golf R32 means alot for your ego/self esteem. You must think you're better than all the GTI/Rabbit owners, that's funny, cause you drive a Golf, haha. And what, you upgraded from a Nissan pickup to a "fast" car? hahahaha.

Do us all a favour and crawl back into that little hole you came from. But i do hope things get better for you, life isn't that bad. :lol:

Don't have the time to play keyboard warrior with you. So please get out of this thread and mind your own business. I'll post updated pics once the carbon parts arrive and calipers are painted.

I'll even do a DIY, so i actually contribute to the forums and help users. Instead of being a tool, like yourself.

No it was this one, http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92656&highlight=paint+brake+calipers

And as far as the rest of that blah blah bullshit, take that attitude and stick it. So what if my .:R is stock, so all of us with stockers shouldn't be proud? Don't repeat to me what i've owned, I know thanks. You have a nice car, it's too bad the person behind the wheel is a bigger d-bag then myself. Maybe you are right about all of it, but I can 100% say you're wrong about the saying it to someones face. If I saw you stopped at a green light then you would indeed get me in your face, so don't come in here and get mad when you get dumbasses like myself who yell at you for not doing research before you post.

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
You know what? I agree, ^^^^ Maybe I jumped the gun but whatever, i'm an a-hole...

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
Sorry applemonkey...have to disagree on this one. Throughout my life...i have found cunts to be useful.