GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint Stripper

Jarhead316

Ready to race!
Anyone have experience with paint strippers? (may have left room for a joke on this one)

I chipped a pretty good portion of my GTI rear bumper which is painted CW. I wanna get it repainted but thats gonna cost me, if I can just strip the paint and make it flow with the textured side skirts id be fine with that. However, I heard that the textured look and black color disapears with such usage....anyone care to share some insight? Thanks

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
Do not use paint remover or stripper on plastic body parts. It will deform and melt the plastic. That stuff is only meant for sheet metal portions of your car.

Jarhead316

Ready to race!
Ah alright, thanks bromosapean

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Tape off around the area you want to sand. Go to paint scratch and order up your varient of cw. Between YouTube and other online info you should be able to tackle the problem in well less then 4 hours and < $40. After that just try to not look at that part of your car!

Jarhead316

Ready to race!
Tape off around the area you want to sand. Go to paint scratch and order up your varient of cw. Between YouTube and other online info you should be able to tackle the problem in well less then 4 hours and < $40. After that just try to not look at that part of your car!

hahah wow thanks

ratboyyy

Cubicle Worker
there's paint stripper specifically for plastic, google it.