GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint me a picture

AGRo

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

I've been having the dealer sort out a few issues with the new GTI and so far so good. I had noticed a very small bubble on the bonnet which looked like there was a bubble in the enamel which popped and left an open 'crater' through to the paint. It turns out the dealership gave the car a good looking over and found a few more on the passenger rear quarter. They put a call into VW Oz on my behalf and VW Oz is sending an assessor out to look at it...respray anyone? I'm a bit worried though as a respray would mean removing panels and probably create more rattles.. Nothing is easy lol. The dealership worked on my rattles and seems to have done a good job bar the driver's door, still an intermittent rattle from perhaps the door trim or the seat belt assembly. They said if the rattles aren't fixed they will get into them again when the assessor shows up. They also ordered a new indicator stalk for me (mine had 2 scratches on delivery) and a new driver's door rubber (someone in manufacture or pre-delivery took to it with a stanley knife lol).

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
I had a tiny paint crater right above the passenger door in that groove thingmabobby (sorry for the technical term).

it was like a small air bubble when the paint went down and it popped as it was drying.

It was about the size of a pin head.

I used a bit of touch up paint to fill it...and it worked really well.

Not the same as your prob I know...but just felt like sharing.

AGRo

Ready to race!
I had a tiny paint crater right above the passenger door in that groove thingmabobby (sorry for the technical term).

it was like a small air bubble when the paint went down and it popped as it was drying.

It was about the size of a pin head.

I used a bit of touch up paint to fill it...and it worked really well.

Not the same as your prob I know...but just felt like sharing.

Thanks mate, actually it sounds very much like what the bubble on my bonnet looks like. Maybe they will fix them with touch up, will wait and see what the almight VW assessor says hehe.

GTI147

The Real Drive Experience
Car(s)
R36 MY10 Spec
Agro, I had the same scenario as you except my paint crater was half the size of a 5cent piece. On the day of inspection to pick up the car i picked it up and noted it as a defect so the dealer organised me a month later drop the car off and get a full respray of the bonnet at VW Aus cost!! Until now, i've had no problems and cannot tell that any work on the bonnett has been done. Hope your dealer will do this for you too! Goodluck!

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
This is all in your favour, man! You got the easiest colour car to respray being CW. The don't need to pull panels off to pain them... They'll probably do a 'touch up' as suggested above and clear coat it so the blend works properly. If you had a metalic coulour, it'd be a pain in the arse... but CW should be a walk in the park for a good paint shop. VW seem to recommend some good panel shops in syd - they did for my paint defect... just don't let the stealer do it in their paint department. Dealer panel shops are always shite for some reason :iono:

KWICKS

Now older and wiser
Car(s)
GTI, Liberty 3.0RB
Funny this, our car was delivered with two paint drops on the roof, raised. WOuld't be allowed out the gate in Germany...

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Funny this, our car was delivered with two paint drops on the roof, raised. WOuld't be allowed out the gate in Germany...

Oi!!! one of them was probably mine!!!...was one of them TR??? :lol: :lol:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Nothing is easy lol. The dealership worked on my rattles and seems to have done a good job bar the driver's door, still an intermittent rattle from perhaps the door trim or the seat belt assembly.

Not sure about the paint sorry, but i had the same annoying rattle and at first they replaced the seat belt assembly, but turned out to be the black window/door trim that wasn't sitting straight against the metal. Problem solved when they fit the new part. Took a few goes, but showever them when you 'shake' the door u could hear it.

Is it fairly normal that the B-pillar covers meant to be a bjt loose, as they enclose the air bags..

Good to hear you're sorting out the rattles. I got some parts ordered today - something for the centre arm rest, rear tail light and the condensation in the rear spoiler.

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Agro:
If the assessor finds the crater which by my estimation was about the same size as the orifice of a Bee's dick, next time you are down our way the beers are on me!
That said, if you get a positive result and re-spray, I'll drink to that too!
Probably time to get that APR re-flash whilst the dealer is onside.

Dingah

AGRo

Ready to race!
Agro:
If the assessor finds the crater which by my estimation was about the same size as the orifice of a Bee's dick, next time you are down our way the beers are on me!
That said, if you get a positive result and re-spray, I'll drink to that too!
Probably time to get that APR re-flash whilst the dealer is onside.

Dingah

I hear you mate but there were more down the passenger rear quarter which were oh so slightly larger :smile: and it was the dealer who put the call in because they weren't happy so I can't complain. Perhaps they are working to make up for the petrol fiasco on delivery...

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Brilliant - strain every ounce of guilt out of them!

Dingah

SonicMrSumo

Rock and/or Roll!
I had a similar issue on delivery - only mine was on the roof (was very small). They said they'd respray the roof for me, however I didn't really like the sound of that on a brand new car. So I got 3 free services out of them...me happy.