GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2293 mk5 gti 07

Justinjankus

Car(s)
Mk5 gti 07
120k miles. Changed the diverter valve because the car wasn’t holding boost and had p0299. The code went away. Then the car would hit boost and hesitate. Everytime I accelerate the car hesitates. Threw P2293 So I changed fuel filter and checked the cam follower and lobe which both looked fine but I changed the follower anyway because I had the kit. Then I noticed after the car warmed up, I could hear a pulsing whine coming from the exhaust. It was the low pressure fuel pump that’s in the tank and under the rear seats. I changed the lpfp and now it still makes a loud sound. Still hesitates under load and feels like doesn’t make power. Any ideas? Only code is p2293

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Have you checked the fuel pressures, both high and low, to see if pressure is too high or too low?
This is always asked when one replaces the filter..."is the new filter a 6.6 bar regulated filter or the 4.0 bar filter?"
If getting the codes via VCDS, check or log the actual and specified pressures in MB 230 and 231 to see where the pressure is detected to be out of spec. The codes should've provided an rpm for when the code was triggered...try and notice what pressures are at the same rpm.