GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0171 & Oily PCV

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
Car threw a CEL the other day out of nowhere, not running rough or anything, and it turned out to be a P0171 code (Bank 1 too lean). It's happened before last year and never returned so I didn't think much of it this time, but it stayed on. I checked around but a lot of the other codes are thrown with other ones as well.

I checked under the hood for any leaks around the boost tap, but the connections were good and tight. I have the AWE PCV hose replacement/tap. There was some oil near the connections, but the hose itself wasn't holding any excessive oil, so I cleaned it up and tightened the connections.

Could it be the cold weather/winter gas and my engine just hasn't adjusted yet? Because it was around the same time of year last year when this happened. Maybe there's too much oil going through the lines and a catch can would help? Would getting it VAG-COMed help figure things out?

MarkR

Ready to race!
im interested too since the same thing is going on for me but my car is 100% stock..,... for now atleast.

took car in to dealer to have it diagnosed and they recommended replacing the injectors. i do not feel this to be the issue since the car runs fine. i just cleared it the other day and hasnt come back.

vagike

The ECU's adapt extremely quick. could have a leak on a vacuum/intake system.

Getting you car VAG-COM releases a lot more data. (engine load, RPM, temperature, etc)

Other than that.... needle in a hay stack.