GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P-Flow

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
I put my stock intake back on the car tonight. I took off my P-Flow because the connection towards the front of the intake (where you screw into the intake tube to hold it steady) that connects to the engine block completely came off. The rubber piece disconnected from the tube. Not really sure if that is a common occurrence, but I think that it will be easy to fix.
After driving around for a bit with the stock intake back on the car, I realized that the P-Flow is pretty annoying. It is really loud under normal acceleration, and the car seems to run better with the stock intake on.
Ill have to think about either selling it or putting it back on the car.
Just thought I would share.

ard

Ready to race!
there's been alot of talk lately about getting the area just right at the MAF sensor and whether or not the flow is straight, etc. i've wondered how my P-FLO does in this respect. i had an evoMS prior to this and didn't notice much if any difference.

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
Also, I think that the car even pulls harder down low in the rpms. The car legitimately spins tires now all the time in 2nd gear. So Im not sure if the Pflow is just a noise maker and that is it. I think that I will go dyno again with the stock intake off and see.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
I have the pflo and have no complaints, but you have to remember most intake systems for this car are basically going to be noise makers. I bought mine just because I was sick of having to remove the intake/engine cover every time i wanted to work on the engine.

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
I had the intake on the car for about 1 year. And again the only reason I took it off was the it broke

plac

GTI Master
I put my stock intake back on the car tonight. I took off my P-Flow because the connection towards the front of the intake (where you screw into the intake tube to hold it steady) that connects to the engine block completely came off. The rubber piece disconnected from the tube. Not really sure if that is a common occurrence, but I think that it will be easy to fix.
After driving around for a bit with the stock intake back on the car, I realized that the P-Flow is pretty annoying. It is really loud under normal acceleration, and the car seems to run better with the stock intake on.
Ill have to think about either selling it or putting it back on the car.
Just thought I would share.

after enough years of modding everyone comes to that conclusion.

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
Minw came off, what sucks is that it has no heatshield for the air filter.
This is why I really do think the stock one is better.