GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT - Would you?

MJKooLio

Ready to race!
As it's apart of VAG, and everyone here loves VAG - besides the color of this model... if it were available in Australia... would you be tempted?

The most powerful production model ever to emerge from the Martorell-based car manufacturer, the front-drive Leon Cupra R uses the same engine featured in VW’s Scirocco R – a highly modified direct-injection version of the Golf V GTI’s EA113 2.0-litre turbocharged engine, which in this application develops 195kW (265bhp) of power at 6000rpm and 350Nm of torque between 2500rpm and 5000rpm.

This matches the power output of Seat’s title-winning Leon TDI World Touring Car, and enables 0-100km/h acceleration in a claimed 6.2 seconds.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/B222BFFFFD7732A9CA257618001747F1

Thoughts?

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
The MFD isn't in the middle!

Look I love all members of my family but doesn't mean I want to be seen in public with them :biggrin:

Sorry just not a fan.

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
agreee and it looks dorky :)

6.2 seconds is too slow!!!

I want a 3.6 second beast!! where anthony and his turboed R?

im loving the interior but something just doesnt look right about the exterior :iono:

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
i recon the interior looks really, really half ass

i mean look at the centre console and door trims! looks like they designed it in 25 minutes

Jig

Flow Motion
I'd get it for my daughter when she grows up sure... but i think it will be a girl's car

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I kinda like it, but then I kinda don't. The front and rear look too horizontally squeezed. The interior also looks a bit cheap & plain (except for the seats & dash), definitely think the satnav should have gone above the aircon controls.

It's got our favourite engine and has nice power, but I'm hoping the "real" .:R will stomp it, in both power and looks.

C+C

Ready to race!
I had the 1999 SEAT Cupra Sport GTi. An awesome car, based on the VW polo platform, with the golf Gti mk2 (i think) engine. Looks like its grown up and developed some real bite.

below is my (very) old ride

Attachments

• DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC00748.JPG
    DSC00748.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 533

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR