GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: Test out a website I've done up...

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've just done up a quick website for Mrs Kirium's new small business.

Can a few folk try it out and see if there's any broken links, bad pages, bad CSS and stuff like that. If you have any dramas, let me know what browser etc, you're using...

www.idyllicevents.com.au

Cheers. :thumbup:

mikinoz

From a planet far away!
Car(s)
Sunbeam Imp Sport
Apart from having to scroll down to get the link on the front page on a MacBook and that awkwardly worded browser disclaimer, which IMO should be on the front page or have an auto-detect pop-up on each page if the user is not W3C - I think it is nicely done.

Bridezilla' for the win!

revdes

I've just done up a quick website for Mrs Kirium's new small business.

Can a few folk try it out and see if there's any broken links, bad pages, bad CSS and stuff like that. If you have any dramas, let me know what browser etc, you're using...

www.idyllicevents.com.au

Cheers. :thumbup:

I can take a look at what errors you're having in IE6 tomorrow at work, and can suggest some fixes. I know IE6 sucks, but it might be worth the time to make it work rather than have a disclaimer on the bottom of the page.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The only page with problems in IE6 is the home page I think (with the dodgy suggestion to use firefox). I've checked it out at work with IE6 and it puts a big space in there somewhere (I forget).

I'm on a Mac too so I can't really tell how it goes with IE. Works fine in Safari, FF and Camino on Mac... Yet to try Opera.

Browser detection pop-ups sound complicated Mick. I'm just using Rapidweaver to build the site. I did it in RW so it's easy for her to make changes and publish them etc. I don't plan on maintaining it myself much (reality may be different.. :rolleyes: ). I've got Dreamweaver CS3 installed, but don't really know my way around it. I'll certainly look at the disclaimer and maybe move a cleaner version to the front page.

Cheers guys.. :thumbsup:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
OS 10.4.10 / Firefox 2.0.0.6

Looks fine to me. :thumbsup:

I'd probably scrap the first page, but that's just a personal gripe of mine. At least you haven't set it up to automatically resize the browser window. :laugh:

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
cue the comments by the many graphic designers and people from design based professions alike..... :biggrin:

looks good to me.. seems to work well but that could have something to do with the fact im using firefox.

and yeah i have to agree with minigolf on that one

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Looks very professional Kirium. I particularly like the image viewer.. very polished, and the 'Ken Burns' effect adds interest to the photos.

Just out of interest, have you tried using Virtual PC 7 or Bootcamp on your Mac to test the site out in IE/Windows?

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
nice page...works fine for me
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Thanks folks. :thumbsup:

My mum hit issues with the flash image viewer while using IE7 on Vista (but FF2 worked fine), but I think I know why. If anyone else is using IE7 with Vista and has troubles, let me know.

Chris, I had bootcamp installed on my old iMac, but haven't bothered with my new MacBook Pro. I don't have a copy of Windows to put on it anyway. I'll try it at work tomorrow... If it works on the DRN, it'll work on anything.. :laugh:

mjair

''
As others have said - get rid of the splash page. All it does is adds another click for the user and lessens the chance that they'll look at the site. They need to know what the company does within a few seconds (proven statistics).

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
IMHO :iono:

Some better padding / spacing. Some of the text is too hard up against the purple sash ... eg http://www.idyllicevents.com.au/packages/packages.html

--

I like the splash screen design.. but move on automatically after 3 seconds (preloading the nextpage) - shouldn't have to click to go to the main area.

--

Your consultant will:
Receive and organise deliveries on wedding day. (the wedding day, your wedding day??)

Make sure that all finishing touches are complete for example ensuring correct placement of guest place cards, wedding favours, programs, menus.

Missing an "and" in that sentence.

--

Where's the phone contact or a name .. weddings are supposed to be "personal" so emailing isn't - and ringing up and asking for "the wedding planner" (and not June or Mary etc) is also off putting for some people. Make them feel like a friend before you even start, by giving a bit of yourself first...

--

What about customer testimonials? Previous events done - a track record.

--

A consultant who will be in attendance for your entire wedding day to assist in the running of the day and help with any emergencies.
Try.
To assist in the running of the day and help with any emergencies, a consultant will be in attendance for your entire wedding day

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
i just had a thought.. like -mission- said just to make it seem more personal why dont you have a page dedicated to the background of the business.. when did it start? who started it? little blurb about their background in the industry.. just something to tell you about the people who run it

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys... I'll run it all past the boss... :thumbsup:

Good proofreading mission.. It's funny how even when you run it past every single member of the extended family how things like that get missed.. The flower logo is on her business card, so the logo needs to be incorporated somewhere until I figure out a better solution. I like the idea of moving past the splash screen after a couple of seconds tho. I'll work on that.

Thanks all.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
To assist in the running of the day and help with any emergencies, a consultant will be in attendance for your entire wedding day...
...to really make sure your day ends with some romantic fireworks, why not ask about our wedding night services.

:laugh: