GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[OT] Any Gamers here??

andkgood

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
on a side note ferris have you tried that portal game on the orange box, i picked it up today and wow its mind boggling.

but its great fun.

Jack stephen

Banned
Car(s)
A rabbit
on a side note ferris have you tried that portal game on the orange box, i picked it up today and wow its mind boggling.

but its great fun.

I played the hack version i guessm, someone made an exact duplicate of the way the gun works in unreal tournament 2004. That gun was fucken fun,

Jack stephen

Banned
Car(s)
A rabbit
ummm

i am SRBSTA on xbox live

i play Halo 3, PGR4 and soon to be a owner of PES2008

btw i have every single version of PES on my ps1 and 2 :biggrin: and some wining eleven games that were burnt for my chipped PS2 lol and i must say winning elevn is better coz its got all the real names for all the teams :thumbup:

Pro Evolution Soccer (Football) 2008 FTW

I fucken accepted you last night!

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Yeah, I've given it a bit of a play... it seems really interesting. Easy levels so far, but I'm sure that will change in a hurry!

I've been spending most of my Orange Box time on TF2, with a bit of HL2 as well. TF2 is pretty fun- maybe see you online sometime?

but its great fun.

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
I just dl'd the new Crysis demo. I'm installing it as we speak. A nice detour from exam revision . . .

I have a 7950GX2 card and I still don't reach the recommended requirements for the GPU (I do meet the other recommended requirements though). Because I think this is the first game to fully utilise DX10 and for that you need one of these GeForce 8-Series cards. I had a look at a trailer for this game, and it looks phenomenal.

Cheers

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Should be ok dude... all the games so far are backwards compatible. Crysis, Bioshock, Lost Planet and a few others were all mooted to be Vista and DX10 only but the developers would be stupid to do that given the relatively small percentage that have a full DX10 card and Vista. You don't get all the prettiness but you get most of it. Bioshock plays fine on my 7900GT with full detail, haven't looked at Crysis yet cos the demo's so friggin big but i'm sure it'll be fine.

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Should be ok dude... all the games so far are backwards compatible. Crysis, Bioshock, Lost Planet and a few others were all mooted to be Vista and DX10 only but the developers would be stupid to do that given the relatively small percentage that have a full DX10 card and Vista. You don't get all the prettiness but you get most of it. Bioshock plays fine on my 7900GT with full detail, haven't looked at Crysis yet cos the demo's so friggin big but i'm sure it'll be fine.

The demo's only 1gb - same as for UT3. I'm using a 1 yr old media laptop with 2gb RAM. Crysis demo gets through the initial demo loop and then hangs on actual gameplay, unfortunately. It's the physics system I've been hanging out to play for about a year now. UT3 plays mighty fine on my laptop. Will be building a new supercomputer anyhoo to use as a media server and gaming pc. Not keen to 'upgrade' to Vista as I've seen their Office suite and it just bamboozles me... but when needs must the devil drives - and I want to play Crysis, Bioshock, and UT3 in all its graphic goodness. Now just need to buy a decent panel to go with the new PC. Unfortunately there's so many good options coming out for OLED and LCD (backlit) + we're only up to 100mhz here in Oz. The 180mhz range is said to be amazing.

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
Yeah played the Crysis demo (it's 1.7GB I think). I had heard it's hardware requirements were outrageous (to the extent that even with the best hardware currently available, it won't run smoothly on the highest settings) and it is. I have a Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz), 2GB low latency ram and a 1GB 7950GX2 card, so it's a beast of a system - and it wasn't even smooth with the graphics setting at their lowest. Awesome game though, but looked crap as hell on the lowest setting. Looks like I might be in for an upgrade when the holidays come around, but I'm trying to wait for the supposed GeForce 9-Series, which are apparently due out in the next couple of months. Oh, but I am attempting to run it at 1920x1200, as I have a 24" LCD, so that's a lot of the reason, I'd imagine.

The UT3 Demo plays smooth-as on my system, with all the settings maxed out, so I think Crysis is just a massive step up.

Cheers

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Wow Crysis that bad hey? I was expecting something like that from BioShock but it plays fine max everything, 22" lcd normally at 1680x1250 but i play games at 1280x1024.

Must be something else i was thinking of that had a big d/l... was 6gig or so. Almost capped for this month anyway.....

-------------

Is it just me or do those vids of the new NFS look pretty much exactly like Live For Speed (the GOOD racing game) with a bit of reflections added? Even the heads up looks identical!

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
thats why i like to have a console coz any game will run fine :thumbup: at the highest graphics :biggrin:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
thats why i like to have a console coz any game will run fine :thumbup: at the highest graphics :biggrin:

Yeah but our highest graphics kill your highest graphics:biggrin: Just we need super computers that we upgrade every year to do that:tongue:

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
Yeah but our highest graphics kill your highest graphics:biggrin: Just we need super computers that we upgrade every year to do that:tongue:

Yeah but I always find it funny people who complained at the opening price of the PS3. The best enthusiast graphics card currently on the market sells for around $1100 - a $100 premium to the entire PS3, just for a graphics card! And the performance of consoles is always a hell of a lot better than the specs suggest as they're a dedicated system, ie. they don't have to contend with running the goliath vista at the same time. I think consoles are a bargain personally, particularly when you get a Bluray player included with the PS3 for something like $600-$700.

Cheers