GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OSIR Design GTI - holy carbon fiber heaven!

westopher

Banned
Car(s)
07 gti
I'd like to add to this 80 year old thread that the osir lip was the worst fitting part I have ever tried to put on any car. I threw it out instead of selling it after I got a shitty ebay votex rep that slid on like butter.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I love my OSIR Mask GT Matte Carbon, painted in matte black...

westopher

Banned
Car(s)
07 gti
That bad?!? Was it a V1, V2 or V3, do you recall?

That's actually my favorite lip, and I plan to get one at some point.
I believe it was the V3. I chucked it because I didn't want to deal with the inevitable of the buyer coming back to tell me I sold him a piece of shit. I mean it can be made to work like anything, but having a 300+ dollar lip and need to pay for paint (obviously not a big deal) and fitting it (a big deal) on top of that is craziness. You can even see on osir's website gaps on the sides of the lip.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
That mask looks sexy!

And I can totally appreciate where you're coming from, where you don't want to pass on the problem to someone else; that's a stand-up move.

Pity to hear it's such a bad fit though. Yeah, painting is no biggie, but if it doesn't fit well, it ain't goin' near my ride!

Thanks for the heads up... and for breaking my heart. :frown:

westopher

Banned
Car(s)
07 gti
Haha sorry. I wish I didn't chuck it, as I'd just have given it to you to play around with. If you do find a cheap one though, I have both the inner splitters I'd give to you. I tell you though, nothing can compare to oem style stuff. The euro lip, ed30 lip and votex lip (real or rep) all flow with the car much better IMO.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the thought, man! As it happens, Votex/ Zubehör is my number 2 choice, so I might just go that route. I only like the OSIR lip, and I was never sure how well it would flow with either original or Votex sideskirts anyway. Sticking with Votex all around makes sense.

Of course, the Thunderbunny rear is kind of nice...