GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered Hawk HPS pads, recieved HP+ WTF?

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
Well, I ordered the pads through NAmotorsports but it looks like neuspeed were the actual suppliers from the packaging info...

I ordered the set for $175 shipped front and rear, should I just keep these pads, are they REALLY that much louder, I don't really care about dirtiness because I wash my car so much but I know the HP + are more expensive and better braking but I don't plan on Auto Xing any time soon, what do you think? Should i keep them ?

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
heck yeah keep'em. I just ordered the HP+ and it's 255 shipped, and that's the cheapest place!

mkvdubber

Ready to race!
Car(s)
335xi
hps are 4 women... Seriously, hp+ are nothing like hps pads. Ask Dangsr, he'll tell u!

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
thanks guys, i am DEFINITELY not a woman so i guess i have to keep the pads lol. I guess i need to just take care in installing them so their isn't mad squealing.

absence

___liminal
keep the pads!

i was on the fence too. drove dangsr's car [yes, he does exist, though i will never tell where :wink: ), and the stopping power is unbelievable. like wow.

you hit the brakes. the car stops.

seems kind of simple, right? but in our cars, with stockers, not so much

we all wash our cars. we all worry about them at night. day. when at work. when not. we'll be fine. a little brake dust? try driving the queensboro at 9 am. you'll have half the delivery trucks 'offsetting' their used pads on your hood

[but i digress]

hp+ FTW

[+yes, mine our on the way, with a nice little Koni package, from DBC Performance, as we speak. :thumbsup: ]

-----

absence: building up quite a little install list, one lost space in storage/workshop/studio at a time

absence

___liminal
squeal is really not that bad. i wasn't out on a super cold day [supposedly it is the worst on cold days/cold pads], maybe low 40s, and it was barely audible. like you hear it, but its not like a bus/truck/caliper-on-rotor.

guess the key is that if you know the noise is normal, then you don't worry about it.

right, mkV hypochondriacs? :biggrin:

Last edited:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
keep the pads!

i was on the fence too. drove dangsr's car [yes, he does exist, though i will never tell where :wink: ), and the stopping power is unbelievable. like wow.

you hit the brakes. the car stops.

seems kind of simple, right? but in our cars, with stockers, not so much

we all wash our cars. we all worry about them at night. day. when at work. when not. we'll be fine. a little brake dust? try driving the queensboro at 9 am. you'll have half the delivery trucks 'offsetting' their used pads on your hood

[but i digress]

hp+ FTW

[+yes, mine our on the way, with a nice little Koni package, from DBC Performance, as we speak. :thumbsup: ]

-----

absence: building up quite a little install list, one lost space in storage/workshop/studio at a time

I thought he had R brakes?

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion
Well, I ordered the pads through NAmotorsports but it looks like neuspeed were the actual suppliers from the packaging info...

I ordered the set for $175 shipped front and rear, should I just keep these pads, are they REALLY that much louder, I don't really care about dirtiness because I wash my car so much but I know the HP + are more expensive and better braking but I don't plan on Auto Xing any time soon, what do you think? Should i keep them ?

Hmmm... interesting. We source these pads from multiple sources, so yours did come from Neuspeed. Sorry that they messed up and sent you the wrong ones, but at least it was an error in your favor. If you do have questions or concerns let me know. In the meantime, enjoy the HP+!! :thumbsup:

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
i'll take your word for it itsagoodname, btw did you ever figure out what was behind the little flu your car had?

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Incorrect maf housing size, couple small boost leaks, car was in a bad mood... I have it pretty much all fixed however im starting to redo my setup. New intake, new DV and i want a new DP...