Opinions needed: Color for VMR VB3's on Tornado Red

Color Options

• Total voters

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
I'm thinking about getting these rims.

I realize ultimately my opinion is what matters in the end, but I just want to know what you guys think.. 8)

or...

on this car:

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
It's a tough decision for sure.

You have to consider that with the matte black wheels they will not be easily seen, though you'll get that stealth appearance (even though TR screams attention :p)

Gun metal will look sweet. I think I'll vote black...yea black.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Gunmetal. Your front end pieces are gloss black from what I can tell; not matte black. So the wheels would look a little "off" with the different black finishes. Definitely not "bad" but not as good as gloss black would look for your wheels...

Since they don't have them in gloss; just go gunmetal. the wheel will stand out more that way and look awesome. :thumbsup:

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
front grill is matte black.. right now I'm leaning more towards black..

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
really depends what theme you're going with. if you're going with the dark look like what you have now, then go with black.

if you're looking to change it up in the future, then go with gunmetal.

can't go wrong with either one, but black would give it a nice touch to your whole car with what you have going on.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
Thanks. I want to get R-line mirrors soon.. so.. maybe I will go black. :D

anonymity

Passed Driver's Ed
gunmetal... black rims are overrated. i have never liked them. consider me biased.

the contrast with black rims is just too much for me.

09SemperGTI

Ready to race!
Gunmetal. Looks much more... exotic, I guess is the word I want, than just flat black.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I couldn't find any GM/MB VB3s on a TR, but these gunmetal 708s will give you an idea of how the finish looks on a TR. Though I would have to agree with those who suggested going with Matte Black for your particular GTI given you already have the Matte Black grille/lowers

Zach L

VR junkie
I voted on EAG as well - Matte Black for both.

Also, if you do go gunmetal - change your front grill to match ;)