GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oops... I broke my Neuspeed rear anti-sway bar...

(mkV)Jetta2.0t

Carl Brutananadilewski
Car(s)
Volkswagen Jetta
So I had to run by work today on my day off to pick up some papers. I pulled out of the parking lot and made my way up to the stop light. I took a right at said stop light and heard a *BANG* from the rear of the vehicle. "hmmmmm." I didn't run over anything... hmmm.

I pull off into the Taco Bell parking lot to do some investigating and wouldn't ya know, the Neuspeed rear anti-sway bar just snapped. I've had the bar for about a year and a half now, no autocrossing or track use, just regular ol' street and highway driving. I guess it just became fatigued. I lube the bushings with moly grease every oil change and the bar still turns freely in its mounts (considering the bushing preload). I guess I'll be putting the stock bar back on and giving Neuspeed a call.

...good thing I kept the stock bar!

Mango

Gym Rat
Car(s)
07' GTI, 07' SRT8
Ouch.... we really need a solid rear bar. Also I wish someone would make upgraded sway bar links.

how is that? its a hollow bar... 25mm...

wierd.

the H&R 24mm is a solidbar.

Problem is finding a H&R 24mm.

(mkV)Jetta2.0t

Carl Brutananadilewski
Car(s)
Volkswagen Jetta
Problem is finding a H&R 24mm.

Exactly!

And honestly, with my H&R springs and Bilstein shocks I didn't notice too much of a difference in roll even driving the 50mph off-camber turns coming home. I put the bar on before any of the other suspension bits and it really flattened the car out, but I think that re-installing the factory bar with my current suspension will work just fine. It'll sure give back some ride quality!

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Ummm....scary. Good luck with Neuspeed....maybe I should consider Eibach.

namotorsports

Go Kart Champion
This bar was purchased from us, and rest assured we have been in contact with Neuspeed and they are going to take care of this situation as you would expect. They will be sending a replacement bar to the OP via Next Day Air.

As for any concern you may have... this is the first instance we have seen, and the first instance Neuspeed has seen of a failure with these swaybars. Thats one failure in about 1000 bars. So, there is no need for anyone else with this bar to worry, and certainly no need to worry about purchasing these bars.

I hope this addresses everyone's concerns. If anyone has questions, feel free to let us know.

(mkV)Jetta2.0t

Carl Brutananadilewski
Car(s)
Volkswagen Jetta
This bar was purchased from us, and rest assured we have been in contact with Neuspeed and they are going to take care of this situation as you would expect. They will be sending a replacement bar to the OP via Next Day Air.

As for any concern you may have... this is the first instance we have seen, and the first instance Neuspeed has seen of a failure with these swaybars. Thats one failure in about 1000 bars. So, there is no need for anyone else with this bar to worry, and certainly no need to worry about purchasing these bars.

I hope this addresses everyone's concerns. If anyone has questions, feel free to let us know.

A+ to NA Motorsports. I had emailed them to let them know about it and I was going to contact Neuspeed on my own, but NA did it before I got a chance - they took care of it all.

...I know where I'm ordering my replacement brakes now. :wink:

Mango

Gym Rat
Car(s)
07' GTI, 07' SRT8
NAM IS THE BEST!!!!

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
That's great to hear. I'm glad we have great vendors on the forum. So far all great experiences.