GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OMFG!! K&N filter

tikiman

Drag Race Newbie
yall are girly men just yank the bitch off.. it will come off with a giggle. now putting back on if not fun, i found a trick though put the front two in then press and pull to the rear and the rear two will go right in.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
The filter listed above k and n 33-2888 IS NOT THE RIGHT FILTER FOR THE MKV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAD INFORMATION. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE RIGHT NUMBER IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD SEND ME A MESSAGE.
THANKS.

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just checked a few web sites and the 33-2888 is the right filter. It will fit the GTI, GLI, and the B6 Passat. They all have the same motor with the same engine cover. Hope that helps.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Not it's right. You have to take that intake cover off, flip it upside down, and remove all the phillips screws and open it like a clamshell and there it is.

4wealn mkv GTI said:
Just checked a few web sites and the 33-2888 is the right filter. It will fit the GTI, GLI, and the B6 Passat. They all have the same motor with the same engine cover. Hope that helps.
:thanks:

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Lol the web sites are wrong. I have the box sitting right here in front of me. 33-2888 The filter inside the box is about half the length of my stock filter.
and even if it was the wrong filter in the right box, the right one wouldnt fit in this box .

33-2128 is the one advanced auto said fit the 2.0T mkv. Its also is not the right filter , it is almost the right size, but does not have the corner cut off like my stock one does.

Thanks for tryin thou.!

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
All I can tell you is K&N # 33-2888 is on my box, it's a long box, and it fit dead square in the spot the OE one did. Must have been something wrong with yours. Wanna buy mine????