GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OMFG!! K&N filter

If anything else is has hard for me as putting in the K&N filter was... I'm paying someone else to do it. I love VW, but the engineers that came up with that set up is CRAZY!!!!!

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Felt the same way. Insane. Much easier with someone else pulling on the cover at the opposite front corner.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
It's something isn't it. CAD designing is great on the hands and fingers!

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
I didn't have a hard time getting the airbox off. My problem was reconnecting the downtubes that connect in the back left corner.

I broke a couple tabs trying to get them reconnected.

Pete

i was practically in the engine bay pulling up on the cover to get the damn thing off. i had to have my knees right above the grille (where the stickers for the engine are) in order to get the leverage i needed to pull up. Being short seemed to be a big disadvantage. my hands hurt from the edges of the plastic and my back hurts... and i was almost late for work because i didn't think it was going to take me that freaking long.
Sorry no pics, but the K&N part number 33-2888... says it for the jetta, but works on the GTI.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Once i figured it out it wasnt that hard. I did however put white grease in the grometts. They second time i took it off was much easier. That monster spring clamp on the intake hose is a joke thou!!!!! Mine got a stainless hose clamp. It looks better and is a whole lot easier to work with.

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
sorry it was so tough junior, I have not tried to get it off yet myself. how do you folks like the k&n filter? does it do anything? I put one in my parents car and like it.