GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ok so lay it down on me...what do i need to buy to sort this issue

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
I'm Fed up of this dealyed boost issue i'm having. Got the APR Stage 2 no fuel cuts, downpipe, Rev D DV, K&N Typhoon.

Even before i could go stage 2 i was have this issue with boost being delayed. At WOT from 2kRPM, the car seems like it has no turbo..... revs climbing in slow and going up to 3.5kRPM (no boost as yet) and them BAMM, i'm upto 1.5 bar boost. I get that stuck to the seat feeling:wub:

Sometimes the boost comes in immediately and sometimes not, but when it does come in it seems to be holding nicely. I do get that boost guage fluctuating every now and then. I've checked all hoses and changed out those clamps.

I need to sort this issue out so would someone please tell me what i need to replace.....N75 and PCV? anything else beyond this? I have some extra cash and I want to buy all the spares at once so i can save on the shipping and waiting times. Any and all help would be highly appreciated.

firas1981

Ready to race!
i had the exact same issue before. but I noticed something. when I put my car back to stock its normal none of that happen, as long as I swtich back to stage 2 ( revo ). the problem occurred. by the way I got DSG.

this problem disappeared now when I changed my turbo and done the relocation kit. don't know wat the reason was. but not the PVC I tell you that for sure

whats your transmission?

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
i had the exact same issue before. but I noticed something. when I put my car back to stock its normal none of that happen, as long as I swtich back to stage 2 ( revo ). the problem occurred. by the way I got DSG.

this problem disappeared now when I changed my turbo and done the relocation kit. don't know wat the reason was. but not the PVC I tell you that for sure

whats your transmission?

Thanks for your fast reply,
I'm manual, but like i said this was happening before i got the stage 2 upgrade.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Do some logs and see if everything is working properly.

I find that weather makes a difference how fast I boost.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
Really? My car seems to spool up right around 2.3-2.5k. I have to pussy foot it when I want to stay out of boost

Yes, my boost when it does decide to come in is at 2.3K RPM. 2.8K seems a bit to high rev. Seems like you have an issue there.:frown:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Boost at 2800rpm is too late. I'm making boost before 2500 for sure.

OP, it sounds like you have a leak somewhere in your charge path. If it's intermittent, check the usual culprits like hoses, o-rings, etc. They flex quite a bit, and it could be that engine movement is making the difference between a seal or not.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Boost onset and when boost hits hard are two different things. You should be boosting by 2500 rpm but you don't really get a kick in the pants until 3000 rpm.
Anyhow I'm not really convinced there is an issue. Sounds like any tuned k03. You go from nothing to tire spinning full boost in an instance somewhere between 2500-3000 rpm. Get a bigger turbo, modulate your foot more or run the stock tune that stifles the boost spike. My car still feels pretty fast in stock mode with the bolt ons listed in sig. I definitely think I could take a stage 1 car in stock mode.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
Boost onset and when boost hits hard are two different things. You should be boosting by 2500 rpm but you don't really get a kick in the pants until 3000 rpm.
Anyhow I'm not really convinced there is an issue. Sounds like any tuned k03. You go from nothing to tire spinning full boost in an instance somewhere between 2500-3000 rpm. Get a bigger turbo, modulate your foot more or run the stock tune that stifles the boost spike. My car still feels pretty fast in stock mode with the bolt ons listed in sig. I definitely think I could take a stage 1 car in stock mode.

I know what my car supposed to feel like. Yes boost comes in hard. but what i'm saying is sometimes i'm at 3.5K RPM and i'm still not in boost:paddle: The problem is intermittent and seems to be getting worse by the day. I dont think i have a leak cause when boost does decide to come in, it seems to hold pretty good. Gets to 1.5 Bar and stays there and starts to die of around 5K RPM. I get the odd fluctation now and then. So far i bought the BSH Block-off kit and awaiting delivery. So I'm starting with the PCV.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
If your not getting boost still @ 3500 rpm intermittently I'd suspect the N75 or wastegate malfunctioning.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Ok recieved my BSH revamp kit. So will slap that on today. If it still doesn't sort the issue, i'll purchase a new wastegate actuator and N75.

Kishon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkvGti
No difference with the boost delay issue. But the car does feel alot better that it used to with the BSH PCV revamp kit.

Finally got my VagCom to work. Scanned it and apart from an airbag fault, and a runner control deviation that seemed to haapened just once, there are no other faults. Dont know what to do anymore. Gas, matches and torch the mofo?