GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ok...BSH DV KIT Installed...some Q's

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
well the install was pretty easy up until I had to go in and remove the pipe from the firewall, then all hell broke loose...I never did get the rain tray off because when I tried lifting on it i was just too chicken and felt i was gonna break it, so instead i somehow managed to separate the hose from the speaker box by removing the clamp attaching it and just left the speaker box disconnected in there...i was originally planning on skipping that step but then realised the 90-degree elbow leading back to the noise pipe interfered with it :mad: ...i did manage to remove the wipers but they were a pain...and then to top it all off I had a socket w/ a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter attached that i dropped, when i accidentally hit my hand on something, over the coolant reservoir that i never did find :help: ...i searched and even had the wife come down to help me look for like an hour...in the end i just checked to make sure it hadn't fallen into the belt and started the car up.

.....anyways, on to the questions...I noted that the MAF sensor is positioned a little farther towards the drivers side than with my pflo before it was cut...it kinda put a bit more stretch on the wiring harness, is this normal? Second, I checked all my connections but I just don't really hear any DV blowoff sound (unless it's really subtle)...though my intake still makes that stupid "goose squeal" sound...i installed the V-twin and hooked it up to the forge valve...no more woosh sound when i let off the gas, is this normal????? I don't have my boost gauge installed yet (will do that tomorrow), so for the moment I have the second port capped off with the little cap that comes with the kit....also, on an unrelated note, I picked up a used EJ PCV kit but had a question as to which way the arrow on the valve body should point (toward the radiator or towards the cabin??) TIA guys!

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
whoa, bro.. I can point you to another person that has the kit and he installed himself. get ahold of "maxmonster" good ole max can help you out.

Turb0matic

Ready to race!
So far my "Fast" has eatten two my tools, which so far haven't been found. One alan key, and one hose clamp.

Just wait til you get the boost gauge on and look for any signs of leaks, or low boost.

vrsix kevin

Go Kart Champion
nope, you did it wrong, take off the the hose going into the dv valve from the noise pipe and make sure its open at idle. if it isnt then you might want to make sure your v-twin is flowing air.

the woosh sound should be very obvious. dont worry about the noise pipe part, i cracked my rain tray becuase i couldnt remove my wipers either.

the dv sound isnt subtle at all. all i can think of is either one of your hoses isnt tightened down, your valve is seized, or your vtwin isnt lined up.

another thing is you should run the maf cable under the noise pipe, more slack that way.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
Take a look at your V-twin. The aluminum part can rotate around the rubber hose, and not give a reliable vacuum signal.

Take the DV vac line off of the V-twin, and insert a small tool like an allen key into the nipple on the Aluminum elbow. Rotate the Aluminum part around the rubber hose until the allen key lines up with the corresponding hole in the hose. Then you'll know there is a clear path for a vac signal to your DV valve.

You should hear no more "raking" sound from the P-flow, but a definite, crisp blow off if you're in boost. It's silent otherwise. If you stomp it and dont hear anything when you let off the gas, something is wrong and you should investigate.

Chris

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
thanks for the responses guys...i will recheck everything today and run the "idle" test as suggested...out of curiosity, in case I don't get this figured out...is there a danger in running the car this way temporarily? I was very careful to not rotate the aluminum part around the hoses on the v-twin...anyways as far as loss of boost, I didn't notice any when i took the car out for a test drive around the block, in fact (might just be in my head though) I thought I noticed an improvement in throttle response....I'll get the gauge on today and try it out again.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
mine's working fine and i don't hear that much of any noise. WOT then off i hear a bit of a swoosh but nothing like a BOV. it's actually quieter then the stock DV was

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
alright guys...boost gauge installed and i ran the idle test....first, the boost gauge pulls a full 20in-merc in vac which is normal, so there is no leak there and I disconnected the hose leading to the dv from the noise pipe and i saw the valve opening up which means it's being pulled open...i drove the car around and boosted to around 12-14psi which I hear is normal (peaked around 15 though) and when i let off the gas boost immediately drops and goes into full vac...i still can't really hear anything too notceable as far as a "woosh"/air brake sound I used to hear with my pflo but I guess i do hear something when i let off the gas it just isn't as apparent as before and everything seems to be working correctly...i miss the woosh sound, but i don't miss the partial throttle sounds it used to make (Like letting a silent but deadly fart go!)...oh well it's all in the name of progress...good kit and good gauge...i'll post pics up later...if anybody still thinks something's funny with my set up or my logic please let me know, i'm here to learn as well

i freaked out too after installing the battery as my windows didn't work and my power steering light and ESP off light came on...drove a few feet and they went away and the windows worked again.

Last edited:

kmi34

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI
There's nothing wrong, the thing is that the BSH DV kit is installed on a recirculation way this is why u dont hear the "woosh" that u used to hear and also the VALVE is far away from the turbo, if u start boosting more the sound would be more noticeable.... To hear that big "woosh" the valve has to be install on an athmospheric way wich is not recomended for ur turbo...

vrsix kevin

Go Kart Champion
There's nothing wrong, the thing is that the BSH DV kit is installed on a recirculation way this is why u dont hear the "woosh" that u used to hear and also the VALVE is far away from the turbo, if u start boosting more the sound would be more noticeable.... To hear that big "woosh" the valve has to be install on an athmospheric way wich is not recomended for ur turbo...

i hear the woosh regardless of which boost setting im at.

the valve being far away from the turbo has nothing to do with it.
and atmospheric has nothing to do about whether the turbo likes it or not.

i reccommend you study up on how a valve works and what each one does before suggesting to people the incorrect things.

becuase a dv valve or bov valve can be 1 mile away from the turbo, and as long as the line has pressure, it will make the sound.

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
gee thanks ricardo lol looks like most of the people already answered some questions. i dont get the swoosh unless i really mash on the gas. if im just driving normal i dont get the blow off. im using the forge tap.

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
gee thanks ricardo lol looks like most of the people already answered some questions. i dont get the swoosh unless i really mash on the gas. if im just driving normal i dont get the blow off. im using the forge tap.

i think this is what i'm experiencing, i hear pretty much nothing unless i really mash on it...kinda nice actually now that i'm driving around...a little less annoying i've found...and no hks for me...i liked having the sound, but i'm not gonna go out of my way to get it back :biggrin: