GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oil pressure warning on the mfd?

eurotrash.

i has candy
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI
hey guys, something weird happened with my car today...
i was going to a meet up a mountain, and at those hairpin turns i cornered at 80 with ESP on, and all of a sudden my MFD shows a warning about the oil pressure, but there's no yellow indicator light and the car drove fine up the mountain

on the way down it happened again doing the same thing with ESP on

the car is fine, the idle doesn't sound like anything is wrong with it

i installed an intake on it two days ago, and nothing else was wrong with the engine since i got the car...any help?

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
I'd assume low on oil. Your oil pan is like a well a big pan full of oil. When you turn sharply the oil sloshes around, and if its low enough and it sloshes around it can uncover the oil pick up for the lubrication system and will cause loss of oil pressure (and engine damage if you do it enough).

Check your oil level.

Also its never ever a good idea to keep driving a car if the oil pressure light comes on with out checking it out. If you run your engine low on oil and it damages the engine warranty isn't responsible for it (unless its a massive leak), because the owners manual says to check your oil every so often.

eurotrash.

i has candy
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI
but it's not the yellow indicator light, just a message on the MFD and it went away soon after

it should be just low engine oil though right?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
its happened to me a couple of times. your engine oil level is low. I would get that light, put 1/2q-1q in and wouldnt have the problem again...

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
Mine somehow never warns me of low oil pressures...Guess somthings wrong with my car, It dryed out once and the warning never came on!!:iono:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Mine somehow never warns me of low oil pressures...Guess somthings wrong with my car, It dryed out once and the warning never came on!!:iono:

even on a hard turn?

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
haha got the same message 3 days ago when I was taking a big loop merge turn on the highway.

it's time to change my oil anyways

eurotrash.

i has candy
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI
haha got the same message 3 days ago when I was taking a big loop merge turn on the highway.

it's time to change my oil anyways
is your car driving fine since? i know i might just be a little paranoid

how far away are you from your next service when this happened anyways

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
is your car driving fine since? i know i might just be a little paranoid

how far away are you from your next service when this happened anyways

Put some oil in the thing, the reason the warning comes on is because you are about 2qts low on oil and when you corner hard the oil sloshes to the side and the oil pickup isn't picking up any oil, and you lose oil pressure. Really not a good thing.

Even though your changes are 16k apart (some people do them every 8) you are still going to have to add oil in between

:thumbup:

Last edited:

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
it hapend to me once and now i always check my oil every couple weeks. mine went off when i took a jug handle crazy fast and my oil was very low. just put some castrol 5w40 in and youll be good.

eurotrash.

i has candy
Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI
yeah i threw some in today but the problem is, the dipstick still seems like it's dry....i dumped in a litre ....

would it be a possible leak? doesn't seem like my car is leaving dirty stains after itself...

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
yeah i threw some in today but the problem is, the dipstick still seems like it's dry....i dumped in a litre ....

would it be a possible leak? doesn't seem like my car is leaving dirty stains after itself...

You may be down 2 liters, adding only one still won't bring it up!

the FSI engine does consume oil, you HAVE TO CHECK YOUR OIL! regularly between fill ups, full service gas stations don't exist, they don't do it for you anymore!

check the oil level again, and make sure you add the correct oil!

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
You may be down 2 liters, adding only one still won't bring it up!

the FSI engine does consume oil, you HAVE TO CHECK YOUR OIL! regularly between fill ups, full service gas stations don't exist, they don't do it for you anymore!

check the oil level again, and make sure you add the correct oil!

Full service Gas Station? What is that?