GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Leak somewhere?

Dominicg.18

Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
(2008 mkv gti)
Every couple of weeks i check my oil and it seems to be a bit low everytime. (not under minnimum, but has definetly gone down since i last filled) i have inspected the undercarrage sorta where the turbo is and found a bit of oil caked onto the bottom. There is little on top of the engine itself. But heres some pictures. Any advice helps!
Thanks
PXL_20220409_175838515.jpg
PXL_20220409_175814805.jpg

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Near the turbo...the leaking can come from the valve cover seal or from the turbo muffler/outlet seal.

The loss of oil may include some burning from worn internal bits such as valve stem guides and seals, and/or its rings.

Also, a failed PCV can force oil to seep from seals by causing crankcase pressure being too high.

Dominicg.18

Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
Near the turbo...the leaking can come from the valve cover seal or from the turbo muffler/outlet seal.

The loss of oil may include some burning from worn internal bits such as valve stem guides and seals, and/or its rings.

Also, a failed PCV can force oil to seep from seals by causing crankcase pressure being too high.
Ok thank u. Im unsure how to check the health of the pcv. But ik its a preventative maintance so i might try that first since it is probably the cheapest option

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah...OK. The turbo outlet seals can be replaced...there are two seals there.

Then there are two different PCV designs and they should be paired with the correct/corresponding rear vent tube.
I made a Thread/Topic, covering the two different types of PCV they came up with during the MK5 production period. The PCV w/PN: 06F 129 101 R will work with either of the two rear vent tubes. https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/inde...r-pcv-to-crankcase-breather-tube-info.378931/

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
I chased a few leaks that were similar. Ultimately, I had to do the valve cover, replaced the pcv. That solved it for a while, then I did the rear main seal. Zero leaks for about a year or so, then the vacuum pump started to leak slowly. That leak was right side, under the batter and puddled slightly near the short shift link.

Dominicg.18

Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
I chased a few leaks that were similar. Ultimately, I had to do the valve cover, replaced the pcv. That solved it for a while, then I did the rear main seal. Zero leaks for about a year or so, then the vacuum pump started to leak slowly. That leak was right side, under the batter and puddled slightly near the short shift link.
Okay ill definetly take a look thank you. Also how hard was it to replace the valve cover gasket?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI