GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oil filter collapses at 1500 miles consistantly

bejammindmb41

Passed Driver's Ed
06 gti fsi manual. 4 times in a row now right around 1500 miles i get oil pressure light when im at a low rpm (like when im following a school bus and 1st gear is to high and 2nd is to low rpm). First time went to the dealership they found a collapsed filter which they blamed on cheap aftermarket parts. Happened two more times and the dealership gave me a free oil change each time.

Same problem decided to change oil myself and found a collapsed filter. Also for 1500 miles the oil was unbelievably black. Test drove it to replicate the problem and i didnt get the light. Seems to happen ce the filter collapses. So why is it collapsing? Any thoughts?

The last two filters were genuine vw filters as well as the one i installed today.

bejammindmb41

Passed Driver's Ed
Follow up since my post.

I bought a bottl eof auto rx after watching a few videos on how it disolves sludge, but does it slowly over the course of an oil change. Added the bottle with a fresh oil change and oe oil filter. Little over 3500 miles later and i have not had a single oil pressure light come on. Today i changed the oil again with another oe filter, the oil that came out was unbelievably filthy but the oil filter not collapsed/smushed at all.

Im so shocked this stuff actually seemed to work as it was advertised. Seemed pretty interesting to me, thought i would share my results.