GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Official GVRD chat thread (#2)

Tooly

Ready to race!
Nice! The wheels seem to be pretty tough too. I hit a pot hole last year that blew out my tire and shifted my subframe but the wheel survived with nothing more than a new scratch.

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Soon to be sister in law surprised me with a Muffler/Res delete. : >
That's going to be pretty loud. I did the res delete with the stock exhaust and it droned a lot, I would recommend leaving the resonator on and deleting the muffler instead.:thumbup:

MKVDave

Ready to race!
Surprisingly it's not loud, or at least from what I can hear.
City driving isn't a drone filled annoyance either. I did keep the resonator in case it gets too crazy loud when I get a down pipe. Haven't tried highway driving yet though, only because I go on it maybe once a month, if that..

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Does anyone else thing the AC on their MKV sucks ass? Im on the coldest setting and its not even that cold. My parents Camry and MB C Class blows ice cold.

wbean

attention whore
Ride
09 CW Gti
we can do a recharge clem if you're looking for one, i got mine done recently and it's been good to me.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think our cars just have shitty air conditioning. Mine's already been checked out once, because I couldn't believe a new car would have such a lousy system, but they told me it was fine?

It only ever barely keeps up, and then only if I've got the temp to LO, the fan on full and the Climatronic set to recirculation. Lame. :mad:

BlkBunny

Dubbin
I think our cars just have shitty air conditioning. Mine's already been checked out once, because I couldn't believe a new car would have such a lousy system, but they told me it was fine?

It only ever barely keeps up, and then only if I've got the temp to LO, the fan on full and the Climatronic set to recirculation. Lame. :mad:
I think it gets cold quick but it doesn't get cold enough. I wonder why.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure they were worried about parasitic loss when they designed this system, and it's probably underdriven... the compressor probably just isn't powerful enough.

Embarrassing that the A/C in the 10 year old GM van I drive for work could keep a side of beef frozen, but that my VW couldn't keep an ice cube intact for more than 2 minutes.

Sigh.