GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official College Football Smack-Talk Thread

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Fine with me, I am right now and I am right then. I just hope to God that they choke somewhere a long the line so that we can see a good NC game.

if you have watched penn state play at all this season, and honestly think they wouldn't be a ready and willing opponent to anyone in the NC game, you clearly don't know shit about football. they're solid in all aspects...and the players can only play who's on their schedule. they went into the horseshoe and won...i don't care if osu isn't doing anything this year...that's still a one of the better wins by any of the top teams this year.

but there is no reason to talk about this anymore, once the lions take care of their schedule, you'll bitch when they get selected for the NC game, so there will really be two more months of this until they actually play the game. or, maybe you'll wise up after the regular season concludes.

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Another step in the wrong direction for the National Championship game for USC. :frown: Bottom line is we didn't take care of business. Well right now we need to focus on just winning the Pac-10. All we can do is win out and see where we are when the dust settles. Big game against Cal for us this weekend. Likely another Rose Bowl against Ohio State...although I would love to play Penn State which could happen. It's not likely if Penn State doesn't falter against Michigan State, but stranger things have happened.

Florida is playing some really good football so I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish out and win the SEC on the road to the NC. Yes, that includes beating 'Bama in a conference title game. Texas Tech has Ok State and Oklahoma...that's a tough schedule. We'll see if they can last. Another weekend and another batch of questions.

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
if you have watched penn state play at all this season, and honestly think they wouldn't be a ready and willing opponent to anyone in the NC game, you clearly don't know shit about football. they're solid in all aspects...and the players can only play who's on their schedule. they went into the horseshoe and won...i don't care if osu isn't doing anything this year...that's still a one of the better wins by any of the top teams this year.

but there is no reason to talk about this anymore, once the lions take care of their schedule, you'll bitch when they get selected for the NC game, so there will really be two more months of this until they actually play the game. or, maybe you'll wise up after the regular season concludes.

Quoted for mother fucking truth. :bow:

:bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

Oh yea my favorite quote of the day from a sports announcer:

"There are 6 undefeated teams in the country starting out the day. Only 3 of whom are from major conferences..... well I take that back can we consider the Big 10 a major conference anymore?"

gatorfast

man amongst boys
YESSSSSSSSSS

GO GATORS

CTtornado

Ready to race!
well cant say im entirely surprised we've lost 7 of 8 to them. if it wasn't michigan it was gonna be iowa they both seem to have our number. :iono: :cry::flame:

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
Florida vs ????

Ok what happens if OK TT or TX lose to Mizzou in the big 12 championship? There seems to be an unwritten rule that if you don't win your conference you should not get a shot at the national championship game. So if OK TX or TT lose to Mizzou what happens? You would have 2 1 loss teams from the big 12 that would not be elligable per the unwritten rule, and if Oregon St wins this coming week they win the pac 10 thus also eliminating USC from national championship game.... Would we see Florida vs Utah (who can't go for being in a non-BCS conference)? Maybe Penn St would get to go?

Just asking because UGA was ranked #2 last year the week before the SEC championship game, LSU leap frogged them after winning the SEC championship, and the reason given from every sports commentator was because they didn't win the conference (I know LSU ended up with 1 more win because they played 1 more game).

I'm just wondering because it is a big deal that if you don't even win your conference how can you play for the national championship game when the winner of your conference goes to a lesser bowl....

Either way I'm happy because a SEC team will be in the game (unless FL loses to FSU.... then they beat Bama and win the SEC with 2 loses).

Its so confusing but I love it.

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
I don't understand how Texas is over Oklahoma in the BCS:

1 Alabama
2 Texas
3 Oklahoma
4 Florida
5 USC

A couple reasons.

Strength of teams they've played and beaten, OK at the time they played were ranked I think 2nd (TX beat them), and OK State who where top 10 when they played (and TX beat them). Ok has yet to play OK St which will add to the strength of shedule, and quality win equations.

Average BCS ranking. TX has been ranked higher in all the previous BCS rankings this year than OK. It is part of the computer equations. Example over the 5 BCS rankings this year TX has been 1, 1, 1, 4, 2 (example may not be exact). So OK has been say 2, 6, 5, 4, 3 which is worse then TX has been ranked.

So you have 3 equations that TX beats out OK in the computers. Remember only .083 seperates TX and OK at this time so they are virtually tied.

This will straighten out if both teams win this week, TX has A@M which isn't ranked (I dont think), and OK has OK St. So if both win OK will have a quality win, against a ranked team which adds to strength of schedule, TX will not get that this week.

Still though if none of these 1 loss teams do not win there conference, who gets to play in the championship game?

I know the winner of the SEC game will go, and I think FL is going to win big.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I know Florida controls its own destiny but it still irks me that Oklahoma jumped them. Yes they blew away tex tech, but Florida has blown away every single opponent (except ole miss) the whole season! All 10 of their wins are by 21+ points. Thats insane! And this includes 3 ranked teams, 2 of which were top 10!