Official 5 Door GTI Thread

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
Yay 5-doors!

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
I'm not a big fan of the 5 door GTI. The 3 door GTI looks way more sportive IMO.
IMO the 5-door looks a bit better ,, i dont know but i feel like the rear window on the 5dr looks better than the rear window on the 3dr

personally i cant tell if its a 5dr or 3dr until i concentrate on it , and you cant say "way more" because they're so much like eachother

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Other than the 5 door having the illusion of being longer I dont really see a diff, Its not like the immediate difference I see in the G35 coupe Vs. The 4 door. The entire bodyline of those cars is different.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Yeah, you can tell the difference easily on the G35. People who say the 5door is longer is just plain stupid. I personally think the 3door has the illusion of being long or when i look at side pics... the 5door's doors balances out the cars length versus the long doors on the 3door.

dryak25

Speed Demon
Could be a stupid question and i apologize if it is, but does anyone know if there are any performance differences between 3 and 5 door GTI's?

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Somehow I have missed this thread. Guess I haven't been around enough lately.

Here ya go:

Amp and sub:

Drop down and HU:

And the day my wife picked it up(her daily):

jagee80

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Could be a stupid question and i apologize if it is, but does anyone know if there are any performance differences between 3 and 5 door GTI's?

I don't think that there is one. I believe that the four door is only about 50 lbs. heavier.