GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM R32 MKV cat back for GTI MKV...can this work?

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Hey Guys..I would like to ask if the OEM cat back from the R32 would work for the GTI and if that would make any problems because i'm intending to fit the R32 rear bumper and i dont want to go for any exhaust system out in the market so i'm thinking about OEM cat back of the R32

R Usagi

" Say Uncle "
Car(s)
'07 UG 2 Door
runs down the other side of the car basically, whole exhaust will not fit without major cutting and welding..... you "may" be able to use the rear muffler with the tips, as I recall the exhaust curves over towards the middle before the muffler, though from the passanger side not the Drivers side as in the GTI.

crawl under your car and take a picture or two of the exhaust before the back muffler and then do the same at the dealership with an R32..... Basically what I did, but i didnt bother with the pictures, since it was enough to decide against using the R32 exhaust or rear muffler.

07Noside

Banned
its possible to just fit the rear muffler with twin tips even this is going to take some cutting welding etc... you won't have any difference in sound or performance with this.

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG
its possible to just fit the rear muffler with twin tips even this is going to take some cutting welding etc... you won't have any difference in sound or performance with this.

i just wanted to know. since i could ask my dad to weld this for me. where can one purchase a r32 muffler with the tips ?

i know this is an old thread but i didn't want to start a new one just to ask on where i can find one

and would this be more restricting the same or less ? not looking for performance at this point, just aesthetics, and maybe a stage one chip in the long run