GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDelven?

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
Has anybody purchased one of these ? They look like a cheaper alternative to Vagcom. I can find a lot people using them with the MK7 but I thought I'd see if anyone has been using em with a MK5. I'd like to get it so I can do some of the Vagcom basics everyone does. I don't know if I'll for sure be buying another VW so I'd prefer to save a few hundred dollars. I''m just not sure if you can do the same things on here as you can on Vagcom such as windows down with fob, mirrors point down in reverse gear, etc.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I purchased a OBDeleven device before purchasing a VAGCOM tool.
It has not practical use for long-coding on the MK5 because the bits and bytes are still to THIS day NOT labeled. Spend your money only on Ross-Tech so that you can be contented with having the full-package.

Having the mirrors point down in reverse gear requires you to have "memory seats" installed.

gdub9

Go Full Jeremy Clarkson
Car(s)
08 GTI
I purchased a OBDeleven device before purchasing a VAGCOM tool.
It has not practical use for long-coding on the MK5 because the bits and bytes are still to THIS day NOT labeled. Spend your money only on Ross-Tech so that you can be contented with having the full-package.

Having the mirrors point down in reverse gear requires you to have "memory seats" installed.

Thank you! I was getting worried because I wasn't finding much for the MK5, some 6 but mostly 7. Sucks that it doesn't work as well as Ross Tech but oh well

That dumb on the seat lol.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I'm a moderator on the OBDeleven forum. What I suspect is that the OBDeleven team is actually using the ROSS-Tech label files to update their application (not really theft of intellectual copyright since the end-user can also see what's in these files with a text editor). The catch though is that is easier to work on the newer MQB platform since it appears that VW documented those codings (other than security and immobilizer related stuff). Hence you see info for the MK7. I suspect that the OBDeleven team will eventually go back to labelling the fields for the MK5.

If you download the Ross-Tech application and open the appropriate file for the control module that you are trying to code then you can select the options in OBDeleven. However this is a time-consuming process (trust me, I've been there until I got frustrated and bought the Ross-Tech hardware).