GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I don't see it in either my 18 S or 19 Rabbit. You must have an early build or something and got lucky.
When I get the chance today i'll hook up my OBD11 to confirm with you where the setting is located.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Awesome, I'd appreciate that.
Just took a look and the setting is indeed in the 03 brake module.
20200125_151309.jpg
Screenshot_20200125-150129_OBDeleven.jpg

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
What are all the options? Deactivate, normal, weak or something like that?
The only options for "Torque Limitation" is off and on. The "starting vibration" setting had a few options
Screenshot_20200125-180113_OBDeleven.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
What does the starting vibration reduction setting do and what benefit is there in turning it off? The same question, regarding the torque limitation.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
What does the starting vibration reduction setting do and what benefit is there in turning it off? The same question, regarding the torque limitation.
From all my reading...seems that only the manual folks see benefit from it. I have seen zero difference switching back and forth a bunch of times on my DSG with the starting vibration reduction to deactivated from strong. My torque limitation setting was deactivated by default.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
But what is the benefit? I'm not understanding.
The word on the street is it prevents the ABS system from assisting with wheel spin/hop in the manuals during launch. I'm always skeptical of any of these mods without verified data...hahahaah

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Ya, stops the wheel hop banging on peppy launches and/or wet roads.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
This is an explanation from a user on Reddit. It seems to be a benefit mostly for manual cars

"Torque limitation will reduce the torque in first and second gear to prevent you from damaging the transmission when launching. Vibration reduction will reduce power output when wheel hop is detected. This is the bogged down feeling you get when getting to launch in manual."

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I believe it may also the brakes.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I believe it may also the brakes.
Keep in mind that since this adaptation is in the brake control unit, it has to be using something do to with the brakes - ABS sensor would be the only system that would be there that could sense wheel spin much like the ECS system.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Yup.