GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 sensor

Gtihead

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07' Gti
Call me a newbie but I need some confirmation. With an aftermarket dp, I went catless and now my car is throwing a p0420 code. Do I need a spacer? I pulled my 02 sensor and its black, lol. But will the spacer fix my problem? On a side note second and third gear seem rough after clearing the code, any reasons why? Thank you.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes you need a spacer. Its better imo then tuning it out because then you lose readiness and can't pass smog in most cases. With the spacer everything stays the same ecu wise. 42dd is the way to go. Its adjustable so you can get it tweaked where you need it. Just put the hole facing the front of the vehicle. The rear o2 is looking simply for flow difference so that 90deg forcing the flow to go the opposite way it already is going to get to the o2 sensor seems to work the best.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Call me a newbie but I need some confirmation. With an aftermarket dp, I went catless and now my car is throwing a p0420 code. Do I need a spacer? I pulled my 02 sensor and its black, lol. But will the spacer fix my problem? On a side note second and third gear seem rough after clearing the code, any reasons why? Thank you.

Yes spacer will fix the problem, if your are driving around without the spacer and you have a code the engine will not put out much power because the engine senses to much gas in the exhaust so it removes your full power and limits gas flow to the engine.

Solution
-Get spacer
-put spacer on
-clear code
-profit???

Gtihead

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07' Gti
:)

In other words, limp mode? I was planning on the 42dd spacer. Money and hp? Oh yes.

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I hate to jack this thread but I have a question about the 42DD Spacer. I installed the DP last weekend and received the spacer on Tuesday so by the time I received the spacer I had the CEL. I Installed the spacer, cleared the CEL and now 2 days later the damn CEL is back. I screwed the spacer all the way in and the sensor is facing forward, should I leave the spacer half way? should the sensor be on a different position? Thanks for any help guys.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
What the hell. Driving without a spacer & o2 readiness enabled doesn't reduce power. The second O2 sensor is just for emissions purposes.

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I found some help on VW Vortex, my problem was that I screwed the adapter all the way in. I unscrewed it a little bit out and the CEL cleared itself.