GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Numbskull Council Workers

AGRo

Ready to race!
I've just got back from complaining to Penrith Council about 2 numbskull maintenance guys who thought it'd be a great idea to whipper snipper a telegraph pole right next to my car in the Kokoda carpark in St Marys. I came out from finishing a job there and nearly died. My car was covered in roots/foliage. All up the driver side, all over the bonnet and windscreen and all over the roof. I found the idiots in the next car park and let them have it. They apologised but I was so mad. I drove straight to council and the lady was ok. She told me to take photos and if I find any scratches or dents to send a letter in with the pics and request compensation. I'm just annoyed it happened in the first place, no common sense at all....:mad0259:

en.elle

Nick
Yup that does suck.. good news is the council will most likely pay for repairs and damages..

Similar thing happened to my MK4 except my window actually shattered (probably from a stone). Took photos and took it to the council and they immediately agreed to pay for new window + tint.

GTI RR

Du Riechst So Gut!
Car(s)
2006 Golf GTI
Sorry to hear mate. In my line of work we run into those guys and some of the stuff they get up to blows your mind when you see them do it.:eyebulge:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Sucks.... but what are they supposed to do? They're allocated a section to maintain on that day, they can't very well just leave it because there were cars parked there or they'd have to do all their work at night.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
That's a pain, but at least they are offering to make it right (and you can bet those guys will be told to be more careful in future).

I've noticed in Canberra the mower drivers have obviously been told to stop mowing when there is a pedestrian (or dog walker) close by - I wonder if they got in trouble after hitting someone with a rock ?

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Sucks.... but what are they supposed to do? They're allocated a section to maintain on that day, they can't very well just leave it because there were cars parked there or they'd have to do all their work at night.
*2. You've learnt an important lesson - don't park next to telegraph poles with grass around them.

AGRo

Ready to race!
*2. You've learnt an important lesson - don't park next to telegraph poles with grass around them.

I parked there because at least I thought in theory no one could park on driver's side and hit my door with theirs. Just washed the car, nice chip in drivers door down to the grey undercoat. Spewing! Have taken photo and will submit to council in the morning. :frown: Now I need to find a good repairer in the Penrith area...

Hey I'm all for them doing their job but they could have easily done it when no one was parked in the bay next to it. It wasn't that overgrown anyway.

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
It's great isn't it - a couple of council workers walking down the road with leaf blowers going flat - out blowing small stones & dust everywhere! :mad0259:

Remember spending 3 hours cleaning the car and having a dust storm in my street from a pack of those clowns! Ain't they heard of brooms???? Or that you can reverse them and use them as vacuums????

Sorry, rant over.

OT Sorry 'bout your car agro - I sympathise. :frown:

AGRo

Ready to race!
It's great isn't it - a couple of council workers walking down the road with leaf blowers going flat - out blowing small stones & dust everywhere! :mad0259:

Remember spending 3 hours cleaning the car and having a dust storm in my street from a pack of those clowns! Ain't they heard of brooms???? Or that you can reverse them and use them as vacuums????

Sorry, rant over.

OT Sorry 'bout your car agro - I sympathise. :frown:

Unbelievable mate, they just don't think (or care). I've calmed down now, either way the council or my workplace is going to have to foot the bill. If anyone knows a good smash repairer in the Penrith area, please let me know. I want to get it fixed professionally, not with a bodgy touch up job :thumbsup: Cheers!

Attachments

• PICT0049 - Copy.JPG
    PICT0049 - Copy.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 260

Aleksii

34RNT
That is the result of the council employing convicts and ex-prisoners.

Let'em have it.

Logzy

Ready to race!

But then he wont get all those roots. :biggrin: