GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise Pipe Delete Cheap&Easy good to got out the itch

ronmexico

Ready to race!
So around 2pm today, i got the weekend mod itch.:fighting0030:

I decided to do something quick, easy and CHEAP!!!
Noise pipe delete, I have been want to do this for a while and finally got around to doing it.

I wanted to post up what I have noticed about the mod, and got some feed back form everyone else.
This could be wishful thinking:
I cant feel any improvement on throttle response, or any noticeable gains in HP or torque. But what I do notice is maybe a 1PSI gain on the hold, and nothing on the spike. So instead of holding at 10PSI its holding at about 11PSI. I was hoping that I would see something on the spike, like maybe 15PSI but it still spikes around 12 or 13 PSI, so not gains. As far as less noise in the cabin of the car, cant tell much difference on that either. The good part of the mod is it got my itch out, and the engine compartment looks better.
Does anyone have any other thoughts about this, has anyone noticed any gains?????

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I noticed better throttle response, and that was about it.

LePatron

Ready to race!
I just completed a noise pipe removal today on my TSI. My initial impressions are in line with most others; slightly better response and maybe a little quiter. IMO the best benefit has to do with cleaning up the engine bay. When I look at the masive amount of hardware that I extracted it makes you wonder what kind of drugs the VAG guy were on when they green lighted this concept. Think of the other items we could have had for about the same cost of investment; LED tails, auto headlights, rain sensor,......

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
I just completed a noise pipe removal today on my TSI. My initial impressions are in line with most others; slightly better response and maybe a little quiter. IMO the best benefit has to do with cleaning up the engine bay. When I look at the masive amount of hardware that I extracted it makes you wonder what kind of drugs the VAG guy were on when they green lighted this concept. Think of the other items we could have had for about the same cost of investment; LED tails, auto headlights, rain sensor,......

x2......

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV

x2 very true, totally agree

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
how does your plug look like? you should PM Raven6t9 since he started making plugs for both the TSI and FSI a while ago.