GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No oil pressure issue, intermittent.

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
So I figured as I sit here in the side of the freeway I would post about my current issue.
Starting from the beginning, a week and a half ago on my way back from thanksgiving at the parents house I got the dreaded "no oil pressure" warning on the dash after 3 hours of driving. Since I had JUST done an oil change and cam follower I figured maybe it just consumed some fresh oil and I immediately added some oil and take off. About 5 miles down the road I get the same warning and pull over and check the oil to find that I'm now slightly over the full mark (great). I start the car and take off, to have the warning come on another 5 miles down the road. I pull over and hear the horrible dieseling sound before turning off the motor, so give the engine compartment a thorough look over and try to call for a tow (which I apparently didn't have) so after an hour I took off and got the rest of the way home without seeing the light, and I haven't seen it again until now, almost two weeks since the first occurrence.
My 07' A3 has 156k miles on it, with stage 2+ mods and had a carbon cleaning around 110k miles or so when the intake manifold was off for the intake flap delete. I did a little searching and I just find a lot of people with a low oil level or people who need to do an oil change, a flush or carbon cleaning. Anyone else have this issue or know if I'm looking at an expensive $1900 oil pump job?

bowerhour4334

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I said this in different thread just like this. The 3 causes of low oil pressure is low oil, failing pump, and excessive bearing clearances. Definitely get the oil psi manually tested to make sure it's not just a bad sensor. There's pretty easy ways to check the bearing clearances, but to do so involves removing the oil pump, so really you'll just be checking everything at once and going from there. Theres a slight chance it's just the pickup screen being clogged, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Good luck. Wouldn't hurt to start looking for a new car.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk