GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No connection to ECU

R3SQ

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey guys,

Over the summer I had my 42DD downpipe installed. The downpipe is uncatted so my check engine light obviously came on. Two days later I went to my APR dealer and got the Stage II flash. The check engine light stayed off for the day, but when I started the car up after it had been sitting overnight, the CEL came right back.

Of course I contacted my dealer and they told me to come into the shop to get the car flashed again. They ended up scanning my car for fault codes and the code that came up was:

P0491 Secondary Air Injection System Insufficient Flow Bank 1 or 2 of that I'm not quite sure. Anyways they flashed the car with the stage II program and the same thing happened. CEL was off for a day, but came right back on the day after.

I figured I'd try to live with it for a while but recently my TPMS light came on, the tire pressure is the same all around so it seems like one of the sensors blew out. Now for the bad part, we tried to scan the car again to see what was actually wrong and to check the CEL again. But we couldn't connect to my ECU.

The car is running fine and still pulling hard but I can't seem to get to my ecu. The scanners simply say they can't connect to my car. We tried 3 different high end computers to get into my car but nothing worked.

Is my ECU fried? Or did a fuse to the ECU blow? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm nervous about bringing my car into the dealership when I cant even get to my ECU myself.

Thanks!

Chris@RT

Banned
One of those things a shop knowledgable about VWs would have to take a look at specfically with each case, it could be any number of things from a bad fuse to a module that died and is screwing up the can-bus.

Put car into stock mode and take it to the dealer, 99% sure it has nothing to do with anything you've done and is a coincidence.

R3SQ

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thanks for your help. Yeah I wasn't exactly sure what to do because of the downpipe etc but I'll just put it into stock and bring it in and see what happens.

R3SQ

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thats what my mechanic told me too. That some of the pins may have pushed back when they connected to the OBD port when they flashed it?

The check sum error is probably the "best" thing for me to have happened right? since that is definitely covered by warranty?