GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nitrous on 2.0t

AntiRice292

Drag Racing Champion
Im really sick of talking about this but there is just a few more things i wanna point out. First like Freek said the fuel rail IS under 435-1595 PSI. Second the second fuel pump is nothing like the first one it is mechanically driven off the intake cam and thats why it doesnt have to be huge to push that kind of pressure.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Kirium said:
I thought only ricers used nitrous

I thought exactly the same¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

And you have to be shure if you dont broke your engine FSI "Fuel Stratified Injection" do you know how it works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_Stratified_Injection

basecally allows a higher compression ratio turbo+NO2+High Compression= Bomb

Ok lets say that you install the NO2 then, are you plannig on drag race, why dont you buy the chip, buy new sticky rubber, and get in autocross, track day´s something much more fun¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Last edited:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
fidani07gti said:
so can it be done or can it not be done does anyone really know

was talking with a friend lastnight that builds honda motors...hes actually a big fan of nitrous

we started talking about my car and i was telling him about the high fuel pressure and all that

he tells me he would love to put a kit on my car to see exactly what would be needed

well needless to say he said it CAN be done...but due to the high fuel pressure it needs to be installed alittle differently

now we didnt get into details....but i trust this person with my life...he is my best friend and he has installed a nitrous kit of one of my previous cars...and if he says it can be done,then it can be done

i know that really doesnt help u much...but i tried to help ya out

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
fidani07gti said:
well freek do u no if its a dry nitrous kit or a wet kit
couldnt u just spray a dry kit in tha intake

well a dry kit will work on pretty much anything with a motor...so spraying nitrous into the intake(or intercooler) should be fine as long as the there is enough fuel there and that u dont go crazy with the shot

but my friend was refering to a Wet kit....i do remember him saying that one of the things the kit and the car would need would be a fuel return line for the kit to work correctly without blowing anything up...now to be honest im not real familar with wet kits and ive been out of the "nitrous scene" for well over 2 years...so im not exactly sure what type of fuel return he was talking about

ill try tomorrow to get ahold of him and see if he has anymore info for me

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
NO2 may pose an initial problem on our car as you shouldn't run anything other than a wet system. Because our fuel system runs at such high pressure, it will be difficult to tap in to it to provide the extra fuel.

With the computers running the mapping as specific as they do, if you run a dry system you will lean out your car and pop goes the motor. I sure someone will/already has a kit for this motor, I just don't know where they will get the fuel from.

Nitrous can be so much fun.....I helped a friend of mine creatively interperet the RACE canada rules a few years back and we were getting 128 wheel hp from a GSXR600 that had a pipe and a power commander (and N02, of course). He never made it past tech as they tied him up in red tape until he had to pull the bottle to make his race. Too bad, it would have made things interesting.

fidani07gti

Ready to race!
i thot this pump pumps alot of pressure n tha turbo is pushing alot of air how will tha car lean out if its dumpin a lot of fuel n alot of air
i have a zex dry kit n it needs a fuel regulator vacuum vose but our car doesnt have this due to tha electronicone car i tap this hose anywhere else to make it work
someone please help me out

fidani07gti

Ready to race!
i can get a dry kit to work if anyone knows how i can hook tha fuel regulator vacuum hose frum the zex module somewhere else on the motor because or cars r electronic fuel regulating n there osnt a vacuum line to it
help me out

fidani07gti

Ready to race!
or can i hook a wet kit up to it n take the bleeder valve off tha pump n put a fitting on it n take tha fuel frum there
is that possible please gimme idead whatever u think is best thanks

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
bro i totally forgot about this thread today...but ill see if i can get any info tomorrow about a nitrous kit on our cars...it might be hard tho cuz my friend lives about 630 miles from me in another state

so he might have to see the set up of the car inorder to see how a kit would be hooked up...but ill see if i can get some info for ya