GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NewSouth Boost Gauge Installed

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
Got my newsouth ventpod boost gauge in the mail today, had asked a local shop how much labor would be to have installed since i am uber lazy. They said it would be $200, so naturally i decided to just tackle it myself.

Not too mechanically inclined, so i was a bit nervous. Wasn't as bad as i thought it was though, once i figured out where T fitting went, what wires to splice, and where the hell the nylon tubing came out....

Anyway, i recommend the gauge, it looks natural in the car, and the lighting matches the stock gauges perfectly!

And thanks to pinoygti for helping me with my random texts and questions lol

inb4 cool story brah

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
$200 was $200 too much lol, good thing you got it on your own, i have the same gauge, but i have the column pod and a lot of people have asked me if it was an OEM option, so it must look ok in there, mine has the "NewSouth" logo at the bottom though.

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
$200 was $200 too much lol, good thing you got it on your own, i have the same gauge, but i have the column pod and a lot of people have asked me if it was an OEM option, so it must look ok in there, mine has the "NewSouth" logo at the bottom though.

mine has the newsouth logo at the bottom too, but it doesn't light up.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Where do they get off charging 200 for a boost gauge install..

toaster11

Only Windsor Dub
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
maybe i'm retarded... but I have the exact same gauge and ordered blue lighting but it is white..... I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to installing things so I had a shop do it for me for $100. How easy is it to change the bulb?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
You can adjust the needle position so it actually sits at zero when the car is off (and twenty in Hg at warm idle, which is where it should be). In case you didn't know, which you probably did.

:thumbsup:

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
You can adjust the needle position so it actually sits at zero when the car is off (and twenty in Hg at warm idle, which is where it should be). In case you didn't know, which you probably did.

:thumbsup:

i didn't, guess i'll be pullin the vent :thumbsup: