GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie Alert™

jasonmstone

Running on Empty
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
And in the end...

Thanks for the feedback, guys. In the end, I figured none of the "big three" (Revo, APR, GIAC) were significantly better than each other, so I just called Curry's and the Autoshop (both in Sterling) and NGP in Lorton.

I couldn't get a hold of anyone at NGP. The guy at Curry's had NO idea what I was talking about (i.e. "Uh, yeah, I think we do GIAC here"). Then I spoke to Carl at the Autoshop (he's the owner), and he was friendly, sounded like he knew what he was talking about, and he was able to take care of me immediately. 15 minutes later, I was getting the car chipped with Revo.

He was out of the "Select Plus" serial port switches, so he let me take the regular "Select" version until he gets more of the others in stock. I probably don't need the Select Plus version -- I'd probably be too afraid to tinker with the settings, for fear I'd implode the engine or something. And yet... oddly enough, I feel I must have it. I'm sort of compulsive that way.

Oh, and do you want to know what the most annoying thing in the world is? Getting an ECU upgrade in a GTI, then immediately being trapped in bad traffic on 28 and 66 for the next 90 minutes.

Fortunately, I've since had opportunity to experience the difference. All I can say is ... holy bad-word. It feels about the same to me up until a certain RPM, and then it's like, "We have lift-off." I had to yell the first few times I felt it.

:drool:

Jules

Loves her Hatch.
NGP is at H2O this weekend... I have APR and am very happy with it.

GTIluv3r

pinoy dubber XD!!!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
hey man, you live in bristow? so do i! im right off of sudley manor road, near the Safeway! but i live in ffx now (i got an appartment for school/commute purposes), but i do go home to my parent's house there every now and then...i have GIAC and its effing awesome (but i need to get reflashed) and the guys at Curry's were really nice. but i guess you already have revo...oh well...at least you got chipped :D! welcome to the forums!