GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new young driver's law

kwongo

will fly for food
i dunno if this has been posted yet, please delete this thread if it has

http://ogov.newswire.ca/ontario/GPOE/2008/11/18/c9811.html?lmatch=&lang=_e.html

basically, if you are under 21, no alchohol at all. if you speed, first time your license is suspended for 30 days, 2nd for 90 and third time license gets revoked. if you are 19 or under, you can only carry one teenage passenger at all times.

wtf, what happened to carpooling? reducing greenhouse gases??

today was the first reading i believe

also, dunno if everyone knows, handheld cellphones are not allowed while driving now. i have been told anywhere from 250-500 fine. not entirely sure

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
we have all good rules like that. we also have the "cinderella" law meaning while you have a "probationary" license you can have moe than one person in the car thats under 21 and you cant be on the road after midnight

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
We have the "While it's your first year of having a license, you cannot have any passengers besides a parent after something like 6pm", plus I am pretty sure they passed one that says you cannot be on the road after a certain time.

Pretty dumb rule but no where near as bad as if you are under 19.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Good for Ontario, wish they would do the same out here in BC. Now they just need to introduce yearly testing for elderly drivers and we'd be all set.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
so if u have G, and are 19, u cant have 1 beer? that is fuckign rediculous

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
Good for Ontario, wish they would do the same out here in BC. Now they just need to introduce yearly testing for elderly drivers and we'd be all set.

x11T billion

if anyone watches canada's worst driver you know what i'm talking about

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
The fact that all drivers under 21 can drive with NO alcohol is ridiculous. I'm 19, I have a G. Now i wont be able to have that 1 beer with dinner, or with friends. Absolutely ridiculous, letter writing time. Ontario has gone too far in the name of "safety".

X 2!!! I'm also 19 with G. I hope this law doesn't happen, but it probably will. And the speeding thing is ridiculous also. I understand for those with a G1 and G2, but not G. I have one speeding ticket now, so does this mean if I get another one I will lose my license for 90 days?

bz_2.0T

Ready to race!
on this bases, woman, asian and elder drivers should get the same treatment. the zero BAC is understandable and should be implement for everyone not just the youth. however suspension for 30days with a minor speeding ticket is ridiculous. most people fail to realize what suspension does to your driving history, most insurance companies drop you with after a suspension. this is pretty much the same penalty as getting caught drunk off your ass or going over 50km/hr for even going 1km/hr over the limit

if you think insurance premiums are going to drop, keep dreaming.

if this passes, its going to be just like the HTA172 (over 50 race/stunt law) , it hasnt made roads any safer and just put more of our money in lawyers and government pockets

bz_2.0T

Ready to race!
X 2!!! I'm also 19 with G. I hope this law doesn't happen, but it probably will. And the speeding thing is ridiculous also. I understand for those with a G1 and G2, but not G. I have one speeding ticket now, so does this mean if I get another one I will lose my license for 90 days?

no, for 30 days

i think there is good chance it wont pass

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
x11T billion

That asian guy on there? HAHAHAHAHA! OMG it's a sad day for Chiense people.... Gays one at that! hahahaha

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
That asian guy on there? HAHAHAHAHA! OMG it's a sad day for Chiense people.... Gays one at that! hahahaha

the crazy old lady from the sue this year, holy crap i'm never going to sault st marie

I have no problem with no alcohol, but 30 day suspension for speeding is overkill. I mean it'll be so messed up if they brought that law to BC.

Honestly though, have you seen how these guys 'catch' speeders? I've only gotten a speeding ticket once and that was going off a highway exit. There is this huge stretch of road between he actual exit and the bend that leads away from the hwy so I just let the car roll and slow down by itself until the bend so I dont even need to brake... Its PERFECTLY SAFE. So one day I go about my usual thing driving to school.. then a cop hiding behind a bush at the bend tags me saying that once u hit the exit its 60km/h but I just came off the highway going at 90. Dude that is so wrong, i mean they are not even catching the REAL speeders on the god damn highway or city roads... these guys just hide in the tough spots to make a few extra bucks.

If I got a 30 day suspension for that shit, something is definitely not right.

You probably haven't been one of the unlucky bastards like me, but the day you get one of these unrighteous tickets you will understand. I mean I'm not an unsafe driver or anything, never gone above 15-20km over speed limit or tailgated anyone. :iono:

BMPGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
x11T billion

yeah I watched that episode last night....the worst part is that she still believes 100% that she is a good driver and will continue

Openly admits to drinking and driving and missing stop sign etc...not to mention the mild heart attack/angina episode....

I am also avoiding the Sault like the plague