GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New WRX revealed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
Just a couple days ago I was browsing online for 2010-2012 WRXs and couldn't hold back from cussing at my computer monitor.

Why would I pay 24k for a 2011 with 20k miles when I can buy a brand new one for a grand more? Are people really paying that much for used ones??

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Just a couple days ago I was browsing online for 2010-2012 WRXs and couldn't hold back from cussing at my computer monitor.

Why would I pay 24k for a 2011 with 20k miles when I can buy a brand new one for a grand more? Are people really paying that much for used ones??

Apparently? Otherwise, the prices wouldn't be so high. There's absolutely no benefit to buying a used Subaru.

It's either people don't sell them often so, demand outpaces supply, or people just happily pay the higher prices. I don't understand it, personally.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Apparently? Otherwise, the prices wouldn't be so high. There's absolutely no benefit to buying a used Subaru.

It's either people don't sell them often so, demand outpaces supply, or people just happily pay the higher prices. I don't understand it, personally.

I think since Subaru is such a small company their production numbers are low. Low supply high demand means you pay top dollar.

adolan21

Ready to race!
I guess so. Seems as though there's usually adequate inventory on dealer lots though?

I guess it depends on the area, but here the performance models like BRZ, WRX, STI, are harder to find. One dealer told me the BRZ sold the same day it came into the dealership every single time.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I guess it depends on the area, but here the performance models like BRZ, WRX, STI, are harder to find. One dealer told me the BRZ sold the same day it came into the dealership every single time.

BRZs are supply constrained, no doubt. Except in Detroit, each local dealer has a few on their lots. No V8 no care in the motor city.

I was shopping for a WRX hatch last year when I was in California, and there were plenty on dealer lots to chose from. Sometimes I still regret not getting the Plasma Blue one I found.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The real trick is finding a wrx/sti without it already being heavily modded or modded at all. When you do find a result, you click into it to find out its an automatic or with ridiculous mileage to selling price ratio.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

^exactly. We have a local dealer who constantly just gets used WRX's at auction and sells them for like $26,995 to start - no matter what options, condition, mileage, etc... they then sit and if they don't sell, the lowest you may ever see them is MAYBE $23,995... and that's after like 3mos.

I think since Subaru is such a small company their production numbers are low. Low supply high demand means you pay top dollar.

I guess so. Seems as though there's usually adequate inventory on dealer lots though?

right, but similar to the people on here, subie folks are also as, if not more, particular about the color of the car, options, etc, etc.

The real trick is finding a wrx/sti without it already being heavily modded or modded at all. When you do find a result, you click into it to find out its an automatic or with ridiculous mileage to selling price ratio.

true.. it can be tough, but they are out there.

golfrla

Passed Driver's Ed
My opinion is definitely shifting on this car. I was a little letdown initially, but I'm getting pretty excited to see what kind of specs the STI will have. Any word when that'll happen? Six months from now?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

That was the case for used TDI golfs as well...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The STI... if under 40k would be killer... but most likely some kind of maddening mark up doe...

I can't imagine anything in the STI that would be a must have over this car...
As opposed to better brakes perhaps.

This looks like it has a lot of upgrades already that made the STI a better buy before.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
The STI... if under 40k would be killer... but most likely some kind of maddening mark up doe...

This looks like it has a lot of upgrades already that made the STI a better buy before.

Badge whores will buy it regardless.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Badge whores will buy it regardless.

Well I am just trying to think of what they would do to the STI to make it stand out...

They don't have another motor in the parts bin... unless they make a 2.5 DI specifically for the STI with 320hp
6 speed is probably same
Better torque distribution/diff control
LSD?! out back?
Better brakes
even more aggressive seats?!

I suppose that would be a great package right thur

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

It'll probably have a bit more HP.
Driver controllable center diff
And maybe 18" wheels.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.