GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New wheels....finally!

sikx5

Ready to race!
VMR V710's, 18x8.5, ET45. 225/40/ tyres.

After nearly two months..they have arrived. Just fitted them up yesterday. Can't be happier...They are so curvy and fat. I love it. Applied a coat of NXT wax 2.0 on for some paint protection/shine.

:biggrin::biggrin:
Cheers
Shane

sikx5

Ready to race!
Thanks for the compliments lads!

I bought them from Andrew @ Redline motorworks. He is a sponsor on here.

Costs: I bought the wheels on special a couple of months back, for $759USD, then $395USD for postage, to my door. However i got charged at customs, $391AUD. :( Since i was there in person to pay the customs charges, i picked up the wheels myself. I asked about a refund regarding the door-to-door delivery fee, but i can only obtain a credit from the US. Pointless...

If you boys are looking to order, make sure you split the rims up into pairs, and send them to different address, different names. Wish i did that. I thought i would be O.K. since the wheels are under $1000AU, but they charge the total price including freight.

I was going to buy some KW lowering springs, but it will have to wait until next pay, since customs stung me.

Greg: Yeah, i'm pretty sure i will cry if i kerb these wheels. Gotta be extra careful since there is alot of tyre stretch on there :D

Edit: Regarding the weight, the VMR weigh 10.8kg per wheel and stock Zolders weigh 14kg per wheel.

Last edited: