GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Honestly looks like a 50 shot. :D

Lol never. Need my motor to last, I'm going for a stock motor record with a EQT XL next. Just a few more things to sort out first, but I no longer think a 9.9x is that far fetched.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Lol never. Need my motor to last, I'm going for a stock motor record with a EQT XL next. Just a few more things to sort out first, but I no longer think a 9.9x is that far fetched.

Only a matter of time before someone eeks out a 9 on stock motor. Block would be within an inch of its life though lol

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It’s the internet, no one will ever know. Lol

In his defense, I don’t believe the stock motor would enjoy that TQ increase, but he did do something to increase power for sure.

HP is not everything grasshopper. To quote my friends over @ STM "lighter is faster" ;)

I do have one thing in store for a few more ponies though, I think if all goes well we're going to see a mid 10 second pass. Just have to find the time.. Kinda going back to the dad thing we spoke about earlier.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Here it is gentlemen

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Only a matter of time before someone eeks out a 9 on stock motor. Block would be within an inch of its life though lol

That's why I don't push my tunes, I have spent a lot of money on my set up to get it this consistent.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
First time taking the car out to Sonoma raceway for drags since the build. This was my first pass, street tires and rear seat removed. The car spun quite a bit and when I tried playing with the launch I got some bog from traction issues and ran slower times. I'll need to try some drag radials and go to Sacramento raceway which is considered a faster track but she's flying as is (DA was 1152 according to Dragy):

Also had a chance to try a 60-130 pass, this was full weight along with tools, fire extinguisher, etc in the hatch:

Last edited:

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
HP is not everything grasshopper. To quote my friends over @ STM "lighter is faster" ;)

I do have one thing in store for a few more ponies though, I think if all goes well we're going to see a mid 10 second pass. Just have to find the time.. Kinda going back to the dad thing we spoke about earlier.

Then you pulled out an insane amount of weight to gain a 4mph increase.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This is damn exciting to follow this. It would be a hell of a race between pdiguise, Luchos and iTsLiKeAnEgG. I'm rooting for pdiguise and Luchos because I don't want to have to type the other one again. No offense egg. :D

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
This is damn exciting to follow this. It would be a hell of a race between pdiguise, Luchos and iTsLiKeAnEgG. I'm rooting for pdiguise and Luchos because I don't want to have to type the other one again. No offense egg. :D

Lmao. Bonus variable tow all three cars to Napierville and see what we can do with like -500 DA

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Lmao. Bonus variable tow all three cars to Napierville and see what we can do with like -500 DA

Haha jealousy but Napierville does have great DA. Best track in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!

Haha none taken.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
good lord @ some of these numbers