GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here, could use some advice

boostboostboost

newbie B)
Car(s)
An 06 gti
Hey guys, just got my bmp mkv serviced at my local Volkswagen, they did all 3 recalls for my year model. It was an ECU upgrade, all 4 coil packs replaced, and driver and passenger airbag harness'. The thing is that my airbag CEL is still on after the procedure and I can't pinpoint the problem. Also I had an apr stg 2+ reflash but when my mechanic disconnected my battery I lost operation of it, still have my catless downpipe without a chk eng code. Any explanations?

Thanks, matt (y).

MercuryECS

Winning
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
If you need help with the air bag light, there isn't much anybody can do. That light is on in my car and has been for a while, even after two visits to the dealer. A lot of people have that problem in their cars as well. Nothing to worry about. I would advise picking up VAGCOM to shut it off and diagnose the issue. Most of the time, the dealer will cover whatever needs done if anything is wrong. The last time mine came on I was at the dealer for ten minutes. All they did was shut it off.

boostboostboost

newbie B)
Car(s)
An 06 gti
Damn, alright thanks man. Going to look into vag-com, I bet it comes in handy.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Have you moved or had anything under you seats? Ive had mine come on 2 times for catching the wireharness under the seat, was fixed by vw both times for free.
Also had ab light bc clockspring in wheel was bad??? They fixed that was free too. If still under warrenty bring it to the dealer.