GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New here and new to Vw and loving it.

Mattdat

Matt
Car(s)
VW Golf Gti mk5 2008
Hey everyone

Just recently bought myself a 2008 VW Golf Gti manual (mk5 fsi engine) and absolutely loving it. Had it under a week and by far my favourite car ive owned. Still fully getting used to it but as far as a semi powerful hatch back goes I love how the first time i got in it everything felt like it was in the right place and smooth, fun to throw into corners, low down power is awesome, just overall felt like the right car from the first test drive.

Anyways ive been doing some research and definitely wanting to put a bit more power through it (its a completely stock car at the moment).

Ive decided i want to go APR performance tuning with a stage 2+ tune, ive decided this is best bang for buck looking at power curves and i dont want to go down the route of changing the turbo etc.

Got a small list before i start modding:
-full service
-got some r8 coil packs on the way and do the spark plugs as well.
-check out and most likely replace the cam follower
-possibly upgrade brake pads depending whats in there
-forge dv
-pcv fix? Not sure on this one gotta read up more about it

So list of mods I have planned:
-cold air intake (unsure what brand yet but leaning towards bsh)
-3inch downpipe (may just go with a generic ebay one and make sure it has the o2 bungs, stainless steel, mandrel bent etc.)
-3inch cat back exhaust (make it myself)
-k03 turbo muffler delete
-autotech hpfp upgrade
-Audi s3 throttle pipe

Im wanting to get the most out of a stage 2+ tune, im in nz so 98 octane is available at pump so not looking to run water/meth kit but i am debating whether the k03 muffler delete and the audi s3 throttle pipe is worth the effort/money.

Also with this tune some recommend intercooler upgrades and some dont so keen on some more opinions there.

Sorry for waffling on a bit, getting quite excited its my first fast roadgoing turbo car since my teen years haha.