GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New FP installed, no software, CEL thrown

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
So I just got back from Futrell Autowerks and I just got my Autotech FP and forge divertor valve installed. Found out that APR hasn't made the FP file for my car yet (Single stalk 2008 manual GTI).

Really freakin stupid considering that they advertise their own FP like no tomorrow.

Well they advised me not to drive my car till Wednesday (When they can have the program ready), but since I have to work fulltime and I live half an hour away from my tuning shop, I had no choice.

So all was good driving home, no CEL, car ran fine. Just dropped by home to get a change of clothes, then popped back in the car and started her up again.

CEL popped up and my dad said he smelled something wierd (like a burning smell, gasoline maybe?) coming from my engine bay. I assume it was the rags that were stuffed in there that were used to soak up any fuel that dripped out when replacing the FP, so I dunno.

But anyway, now I got this CEL and I don't know what to do. Suggestions anyone? I don't have a VAG-COM readily available and the place where I take my car to is half an hour away from my house.

:mad0259: :mad0259: :mad0259: :mad0259:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
damn that sucks brosef. i would recommend not driving on it just in case, borrow dads car possibly? im sure youll be fine driving on it but im no expert.. at all lol

spongebobnopants

Ready to race!
1st check out that the rags are still not in the bay.
2nd. A little gas smell is normal for a while as it probably spilled a bit during install.

If the install was fine the code is likely a too rich code. It's not a problem and just means the car hasn't adapted yet. This happened to me twice after changing settings. Once the car adapted I have not seen it since.

BTW, a cheep ODB scanner can delete the code. The code should be P2198.
"system to rich at idle" You probably noticed it after stopping the car and starting in like 10-20 min later.

Just to be safe have it read somewhere for free. they can delete it. It might come back until the car fully adapts though.

BTW... I have 5k on my AT pump without pump specific SW. Zero issues.

Last edited:

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
So I disconnected the battery and then let the car idle for about 15 minutes. CEL went away and I took it for a decently long test drive and I felt that the car ran perfectly.

Stopped by a friends house real quick and once I popped back in the car and turned it on, CEL came back. I assumed it was just as what spongebob said, that it'll come back cause the ECU hasn't adapted to it yet.

While driving home, occasionally I only peaked boost at 15 PSI and it would vent out right when I hit it. At other times, it'll go all the way to 20-21.

Bringing my car back to the shop tomorrow morning, but anyone have any ideal what's wrong with my car?

Just for some peace of mind. :frown:

Brandon@BSH

Car(s)
MKV GLI
The CEL could be a number of things, get it scanned and see what comes up, it might not even be for the fuel pump at all.

GolfRS

Banned
I have the pump and i'm with stock software and a gazilion more mods..

Haven't had a single issue yet.

100% sure its not the pump.