GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Dodge Dart - First Look!

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 gti, 6spd, 2dr
Hated it!

All joking aside, what is this shit these companies keep coming out with, namely Chrysler, these cars look horrible, even partnering with Alfa has done nothing for them.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Its alive and going very well thanks to the Camry and Accord. :p

Don't forget Volkswagen and their massive plant here as well!

SRT2GTI

Banned
Dodge has never been known for quality interiors, but since partnering with Fiat, they have started using higher quality interior soft touch pieces. I've owned two heavily modded SRT4s (neon and caliber versions) and i never had a single issue with them. Granted both are love it or hate it in the looks department. I am interested in what the srt version of Dart will offer.

Halvie

WOOSA
Dodge has never been known for quality interiors, but since partnering with Fiat, they have started using higher quality interior soft touch pieces. I've owned two heavily modded SRT4s (neon and caliber versions) and i never had a single issue with them. Granted both are love it or hate it in the looks department. I am interested in what the srt version of Dart will offer.

Totally agree. I hate the looks of the neon srt4, and don't really care for the caliber either.

While the dart isn't the best looking car in the world, you are kidding yourself if you don't think it is a huge improvement. Same with the interior. I can easily live with the looks of the car if the srt4 version has the same potential as the previous incarnations.

disclaf

Ready to race!
While the dart isn't the best looking car in the world, you are kidding yourself if you don't think it is a huge improvement. Same with the interior. I can easily live with the looks of the car if the srt4 version has the same potential as the previous incarnations.[/QUOTE]

X2. The injection of Alfa DNA could only improve the Chrysler offerings.
Still no competition for the GTI though.

Halvie

WOOSA
X2. The injection of Alfa DNA could only improve the Chrysler offerings.
Still no competition for the GTI though.

I don't see how you can think that. If the interior is vastly improved (those pics look a lot nicer than the interior of a 2011 Challenger RT), the exterior is a lot nicer, it destroys the GTI on power (assuming the SRT4 sees similar performance as the old ones), and it has a much better aftermarket how would it not be competition?

disclaf

Ready to race!
I don't see how you can think that. If the interior is vastly improved (those pics look a lot nicer than the interior of a 2011 Challenger RT), the exterior is a lot nicer, it destroys the GTI on power (assuming the SRT4 sees similar performance as the old ones), and it has a much better aftermarket how would it not be competition?

The interior and exterior look improved, but the fit and finish on the Dart remains to be seen. It looks like Fiat/Chrysler did well with the 300 & the Grand Cherokee, but the price point is different.

I don't know which factory is making the Dart, but it if is the same one as the Caliber, it will need to step up its game to match the quality from Wolfsburg.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Not too bad but just another small econo sedan.
Would have looked much better as a hatch but for some
reason most Americans have an aversion to hatchbacks.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
now this is a Dodge Dart....

CIMG0316.jpg

My first car. learned how to drive in this car (among other things) Have owned since 1974.

Its nice to see them reserect the name, but it's not what I would of thought.

Halvie

WOOSA
$15.9k starting price? Maybe some of you guys are right about quality cuts. Still pretty excited to see how it plays out. Hopefully it will be excellent. More competition the better.