GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Civic Type R

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
In a few hours the new Honda Civic Type-R will be released at the Geneva Auto Show and Honda has already made some very bold claims. Its no secret that the car will sport a new 2.0L Turbo VTEC engine thats good for 280HP or that this car has logged at ton of time at the Nürburgring for R&D over the last couple years. But now Honda claims this new Civic has made the fastest pass around Nordschleife of any production FWD car, meaning faster than the Leon Cupra R (7:58) and Renaultsport Mégane 275 Trophy-R (7:54)... to put this in perspective both those car beat the C6 Corvette times :eek:

Here are a few pictures of this car, I will post more tomorrow after the show.

I love the way the car looks from the front, but not my cup of tea when looking at it from the rear. But if its fast, who really cares right :cool:

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Looks nice, funny enough i don't mind it from the back, but not convinced by the 4 exhaust. Are the images from the final car? Because I like the wheels but they look like 19" or more and not sure they will be on the final car.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
These images are from the car show concept model that is fully functional. I'm sure little things will change between this model and the actual production model, but this is 90% of what the car should look like.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
I would prob buy one, as long as it isnt too high revving. I have got used to high torque low in the rev range over the years and can't rev the nuts off engines without feeling sympathy

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
It looks like a hot wheels. But no doubt it will be a monster. I wonder how it will cope with torque steer... Hondas are notoriously bad with that on their higher HP cars.

Running Man

Ready to race!
Jap crap

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
love it, but the devil horn tailights wont make it to production unfortunately. they have a winner if they keep it under 35k.

I don't see that happening. The 08' Mugen Si MSRP was over $30K for just a body kit, wheels and springs... I think this one will be $35-40K in today's market. A de-tuned version of this engine is supposed to make it in the Civic SI and replace the V6 in the accords eventually too.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion