GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New BMW 3 err 4 series coupe

flug2012

Ready to race!
Looks too big IMHO. Gotta see it in the flesh to make a real judgement. It's amazing how all these "lower" models get so big over time.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Kinda looks like a 5 GT or whatever it is melted. Styling is too busy IMO.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Looks like this is the 3 series coupe replacement. Twin turbo I6 4wd 4 series might be my next car in a decade or so!

Sent via Tapatalk, butchered by autocorrect

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Styling is excellent, it's just too big. The new 3 series is almost the same size as the out going 5 series!

?!
F30 3 series
Length (182.0 in)
Width (71.3 in)
Height (56.3 in)

Last 5 series
4,854 mm (191.1 in)
1,847 mm (72.7 in)
Height 58.3 in

too damn expensive looking. i would never be able to take it to the streets. it would be parked, wrapped and never driven.

Those seats.. :eyebulge:

what kind of stitching is that..

i wonder what cars will be like in 10 years.

Merkle

Banned
?!
F30 3 series
Length (182.0 in)
Width (71.3 in)
Height (56.3 in)

Last 5 series
4,854 mm (191.1 in)
1,847 mm (72.7 in)
Height 58.3 in

Although 9" shorter in length, it's nearly as wide and as tall. The 3-series isn't the small car it used to be. What I'm getting at is that it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
The BMW looks good from some angles, awkward from others. The Audi S5 looks cleaner, less gaudy, although I do like the stance on the 4 series.

C4L

Banned
looks beautiful but i can't hang with these big bloated sedans and coupes. i like the CC because its still kind of compact.. i think the current gen A4 is too big and prefer the older, shorter boxier ones.. More mean and sporty looking. this is clearly a beautiful car but nah.. for me its either a hatchback, a small sports sedan like C350 (in terms of exterior styling, the C Class is it for me) or a crossover SUV like the X3 or Q5 or something.. if im going big, i want an SUV. even the new 3 series sedan is really long now.

You guys are nuts...

VW Passat - 191.6" Long - Mid-Size Sedan
VW CC - 188.9" Long
B8 Audi A4 - 185.1" Long
F30 3-Series - 182.5" Long
MKVI Jetta - 182.2" Long - Compact Sedan
F30 4-Series - 182.1" Long
B8 A5 - 182.1" Long
E92 3-Series - 181.9" Long
C-Class Sedan - 180.8" Long
C-Class Coupe - 180.7" Long
E90 3-Series - 178.8" Long

You say you like the CC because it is still kind of compact but is actually the largest of all the cars you listed... All of which are smaller than current 'Mid-Size' classed cars like the Passat (or Accord at 191.4" long)

Its all in the aesthetic. I personally prefer a smaller car dimensionally that looks larger and has more room inside. I think it is a good package...

Last edited:

C4L

Banned
Nope, I like smaller cars. I'd rather have a 1 series coupe, if I were a coupe person which I'm not. They're simply not practical in crowded cities. Even if I wanted one, I could never get my dog carrier in there.

Only in America do people associate smaller cars like the GTI with youth. Travel abroad and you'll see plenty of older folks driving premium hatches. The A5 is a grandpa car. But there I go, stereotyping too :p

You just like compacts and sub-compacts, not 'small' cars which would technically be anything less than average which is about an Accord/Passat these days (190+" compared to the 3/4-Series 182").

Compact - Under 175" - This is where the Golf/A3/1-Series are
Small - 175"-185" - This is where the Jetta/3-Series/Civic are (A4 IS 185")
Mid-Size - 185"-195" - This is where the CC/Passat/Accord/A6 are
Full-Size - 195"-205" - This is where the Taurus/SWB A8 are
Large - 205"+ - This is the LWB A8/S-Class/Ghost/etc.

And the GTI being a 'kids car' has nothing to do with size but the fact that it is a compact VW hatchback.

Abroad the kicker is PREMIUM hatches. An A3 or 1-Series Hatch or Guilietta or A-Class is very different from a VW Golf which is still a 'younger' persons car in Europe as well...

The A5 is a normal car with appeal from 20-55+. YOU associate with a 'grandpas' car because typically older folks are the ones that have the money to purchase one and can accommodate a 2-door into their lifestyle (after the kids are out of the house). Though the average age for the entire Audi brand is still 'only' 49...

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
^^Don't post like you know me :p