GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New BMW 3 err 4 series coupe

C4L

Banned
Yep, that I already know. The A5 is a large, older person's car. At 38 and a city dweller, I would like something more compact.

Its about as small as coupes get these days... I wouldn't consider a borderline 'mid'size coupe a 'large car'. You just like compact and subcompact cars.

Large is relative and this new 4-Series, along with the A5, would be considered small(er) cars in terms of the entire market.

I thought you thought it was an actual large coupe like a 6-Series or CL...

At 38 I would say you are about right for an A5. I even think that me, at 27, am too old for a GTI. Its kind of a kids car, no?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
The cabin makes me think of a cigar lounge

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Its a concept. I expect the interior to change quite a bit for production. It has wicker cup holders??

if we are to go by previous BMW concepts, only the mirrors, wheels, and the exhaust tips will change and the rest will more or less be the same

McQueen77

Banned
looks beautiful but i can't hang with these big bloated sedans and coupes. i like the CC because its still kind of compact.. i think the current gen A4 is too big and prefer the older, shorter boxier ones.. More mean and sporty looking. this is clearly a beautiful car but nah.. for me its either a hatchback, a small sports sedan like C350 (in terms of exterior styling, the C Class is it for me) or a crossover SUV like the X3 or Q5 or something.. if im going big, i want an SUV. even the new 3 series sedan is really long now.

my wife is a graphic designer and her comment when seeing things like this as well as the VW Catalogues is "at least they hire really, really skilled photoshop people". they've really got a way of making these cars look unreal.

only personal driving experience i have with these size cars is with a week+ in a 528i and that thing was just a huge, soft old man barge. 75 year old man car.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Its about as small as coupes get these days... I wouldn't consider a borderline 'mid'size coupe a 'large car'. You just like compact and subcompact cars.

Large is relative and this new 4-Series, along with the A5, would be considered small(er) cars in terms of the entire market.

I thought you thought it was an actual large coupe like a 6-Series or CL...

At 38 I would say you are about right for an A5. I even think that me, at 27, am too old for a GTI. Its kind of a kids car, no?

Nope, I like smaller cars. I'd rather have a 1 series coupe, if I were a coupe person which I'm not. They're simply not practical in crowded cities. Even if I wanted one, I could never get my dog carrier in there.

Only in America do people associate smaller cars like the GTI with youth. Travel abroad and you'll see plenty of older folks driving premium hatches. The A5 is a grandpa car. But there I go, stereotyping too :p

If this has the quad LED headlights like the new 6 series, then I really look forward to seeing them on the roads. Those are simply the most stunning headlights i've ever seen.

McQueen77

Banned
Only in America do people associate smaller cars like the GTI with youth. Travel abroad and you'll see plenty of older folks driving premium hatches. The A5 is a grandpa car. But there I go, stereotyping too :p

Thank you. This is spot on. Spend some time in Germany and you'll see countless adults driving some kind of Golf hatch, many of them 2 door. I saw many a mother getting her child out of the back of a 2 door Golf while I was over there.. In 'merca, its like "you're having a kid?! OMG, you MUST buy a Honda Odyssey or your child will die".

To generalize, many 'mercans are morons. And also massive/fat, so they must have a large car to match. Hence why the A4 is longer and bigger now.. The 3 series, the Jetta, The Passat and every other non-American car that wants to up sales on US Soil.. Make it bigger.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Thank you. This is spot on. Spend some time in Germany and you'll see countless adults driving some kind of Golf hatch, many of them 2 door. I saw many a mother getting her child out of the back of a 2 door Golf while I was over there.. In 'merca, its like "you're having a kid?! OMG, you MUST buy a Honda Odyssey or your child will die".

To generalize, many 'mercans are morons. And also massive/fat, so they must have a large car to match. Hence why the A4 is longer and bigger now.. The 3 series, the Jetta, The Passat and every other non-American car that wants to up sales on US Soil.. Make it bigger.

:word:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
looks beautiful but i can't hang with these big bloated sedans and coupes. i like the CC because its still kind of compact.. i think the current gen A4 is too big and prefer the older, shorter boxier ones.. More mean and sporty looking. this is clearly a beautiful car but nah.. for me its either a hatchback, a small sports sedan like C350 (in terms of exterior styling, the C Class is it for me) or a crossover SUV like the X3 or Q5 or something.. if im going big, i want an SUV. even the new 3 series sedan is really long now.

my wife is a graphic designer and her comment when seeing things like this as well as the VW Catalogues is "at least they hire really, really skilled photoshop people". they've really got a way of making these cars look unreal.

only personal driving experience i have with these size cars is with a week+ in a 528i and that thing was just a huge, soft old man barge. 75 year old man car.
Lets just cut through some misinformation.

The CC is 189 inches long the BMW is 182. So its a significantly shorter car.

The C350 is 180.2 and the C63 AMG is 186.

So this car is no bigger and even smaller than some of the cars you mentioned.

livefast

Ready to race!
Amazing. But I don't know how I feel about the size... I like it's looks over the 3 series, but it'd be tough choosing between this and a 335