GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Anniversary GTI?

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
I LOVE that car!!! do you guys think it would be worth it to do some research and see if i can find one?? would it hold up for another five or so years?

joffangti

Passed Driver's Ed
If VW does produce a 30th Anniv Mk v I am very interested:thumbsup:
I think the 25th Mkiv looks amazing,I was going to buy a Tornado Red one but I got a good deal for a Mk v GTI so went with my heart!!:thumbsup:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
bmwr32 said:
Like my fast says, less than 60,000 miles until you are worthy to buy a GTI!!!

:laugh: Good stuff. I also considered buying an GTI AE back in the day. Well actually I wanted the R32 but couldn't see myself spending 32K on one.

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
I was considering to buy an STi, but now I am definately going to buy a MKV GTI!!!!!!!! Hopefully this site will still be around when I get my GTI!!! I have faith that it will be!!! If there is a time when JJ needs some help I will donate my left foot to help him out to continue to provide all of us a site that allows us to talk to each other with something we all love the VW MKV GTI!!!!!

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Accel said:
Last time, it was, 3 special colors, factory lip kit, 18 OZ wheels, tighter suspension, bigger brakes, 6 speed transmission (base had 5), sport seats, interior trim, fancy guages, perforated leather steering wheel, and a black headliner.

Did I miss anything? (I sure miss my 20th)
Golf ball gear knob.:wink:
yep it was in original Colours sort of too.

The original MK1 GTI when it was first shown at the September 1975 Frankfurt Motor show, though it did not go on sale until June 1976 was only available in Silver and Red, in 1978 black was available.
So the 25 AE addition that for some funny reason was a year late if you class 1976 as the launch year was available in red,silver and black.

In theory if VW Germany play it right the 30th Anny should be out this June but i bet its not out to next year.

I can see it having a slight bit more power as they give the DTM audi special addition an extra 20bhp so can see the golf anny getting this too as well as the golfball gear knob, 18" wheels and maybe the limited colour range again more red piping and other trim bits.

bmwr32

Drag Race Newbie
I love the golf ball shift knob..... I would pay extra to have put in my GTI.....or find it on eBay or something.......I'm sure its an easy self install though....just unscrew and screw.....

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
bump :biggrin: