GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

neuspeed power pulley question

DOuBleJx9

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW 06 MkV
i've looked at the directions from neuspeed and the couple different diy's i could find and so far i havent seen anyone with my same question...

to losen the bolts holding down the stock pulley is there something else invovled to loosening them without the pulley itself turning at the same time??

am i missing something? or is it as simple as jus holding the pulley in place while loosening the bolts? didnt wana try anything before asking and eff something up lol

thanks...

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
try to break them loose, before you remove the belts

DOuBleJx9

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW 06 MkV
haha i had just did that and something came up in the house and i had to deal with it lol ... came back out and the sun was down so that was the end of my day;

lol thanks

.... and yes air tools ftw; wish i had a lift too - wouldnt that all be great... (or at least a garage to work in); its just me and my driveway lol

DOuBleJx9

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW 06 MkV
nope .. pulley still turns with the car in gear...

any other suggestions?

tbar3894

VDUBBN
Car(s)
08 TR GTI
Get a wrench to counterhold the pully if that makes sense. There is either 4 or 5 smaller bolts that hold in on and one bigger bolt in the middle. You stop the crank from moving by using a wrench on the big bolt to hold it in place while you losen the others.

DOuBleJx9

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW 06 MkV
damn ... kickin myself for not thinkin of that while I had the car jacked up n I was laying on the floor staring at it haha

def gona give that a shot later on this week after I'm done with finals; if it works hopefully it won't be an issue to torque the replacements back on lol

thanks